• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Is it Herpes?

Last week after having sex with my partner, i noticed a small red bump on my gentials with a scab looking middle a week later. There was no pus inside. It did not hurt at all, nor did it itch. It was there for about a week and a half. Im not sure if it could be herepes. It doesn't fit the description of a "first outbreak" and I wasn't in pain what so ever. It has me confused. What are your thoughts about what it is? Thanks!

Lol you remind me of myself when i first started suspecting it could be herpes. I am hoping its not and the best for u but I've never had pus or any leaks from mine either. they look like angry red bumps that when i touch them to wash them or whatever it kinda burns in that spot. They kinda remind me of what in grown hairs look like. I know its hard to wait to find out. I remember asking my magic 8 ball everyday sometimes multiple times a day before i got my blood tests back do i have herpes? do i have an std? Not knowing is the messed up most anxious time i think. You're just gonna have to wait it out and retest. Just use a condom with your partner or abstain while u wait. No biggie. Hopefully yall don't have it. I'm hoping the best for yall. But if yall do have it yall aren't alone.

My partner got tested for a sore that she got and it came back positive, the same time i noticed mine. I took a blood test but it came back negative. I was told i should wait 3 months too see if the antibodies show up and get a retest. Im accepting the fact that i have it, but none of this makes any sense and just makes me upset that i have to wait this long to find out. :(

If you have an active herpes outbreak, best way to know for sure is to get it swabbed and tested. And yes, you'll need to wait 12-16 weeks before there are enough antibodies in your blood to be detectable (if you do indeed have herpes).

Here's all the information you'll need on that: http://herpeslife.com/herpes-tests

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources: