• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

LADIES, is it still "front to back"?

I'm starting my fourth o/b, and at least feel a bit more prepared than with the other 3, so here goes a VERY straight forward question:

If I wipe straight from the front of my labia all the way back to my anal area, do I risk spreading H to my anal area during an active outbreak? So far, my o/b s are tightly clustered along one side of my outer labia, and if there's a risk of spreading it, I really want to know. I am to be 44 [TOO] soon :), and had 2 very large babies, leaving me with a small hemorrhoid that can flare up sometimes, so could I spread H if that is flared?

Whew!!! How's THAT for real?!?! LOL!!!!

Ah I wish I could help you @aerial but I have no idea :-S that's something I worry about too when thinking about future OBs. Would like to hear others' feedback.

Also wanted to ask about certain symptoms.. I've only had one mild OB with 2 blisters that are 99% healed but my entire peri area still feels really itchy and uncomfortable. Driving myself crazy wondering if I'm being paranoid/imagining it or not. Does anyone else have this? Or is this a sign of an impending OB? I guess it could also be from not shaving down there in a while (still too scared of triggering anything!). Ugh not to sound like a 15 year old girl but this is miz lol

From my understanding, if they are weeping like fluids... You can. I'm not a doctor but, I'll tell you mine were mostly on my butt crack and I didn't wipe. I patted. I wasn't taking that risk of spreading it around down there. I had one on my inner vaginal lip. That's the only one on my girly parts I had. From what I've been told and read about, the weeping fluid stage is when you can spread it around the area. But you may want to verify with your doctor. Probably can give you the best answer.

Well, thx ladies! I know not to ever wipe forward, but wasnt clear about the wipe vs pat, whole swipe vs stop at peri area. cc123, you do NOT sound like a 15 yr old! OMG, you are just fine...afteral, I started a thread telling the whole world what I just did, and lemme tell ya, I am THANKFUL that I didn't say one negative thing about myself or apologize for asking a question that feels important to me!

To respond to your question, cc, I've had mild discomfort/itching in between all of mine so far...and so far (at least for me), it was dominantly in the peri area, and that isn't where my blisters appear. I wonder if it's not just some shedding going on, even in the absence of blisters, but of course have nothing to base that on but curiosity.