• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

can you give a guy herpes if his testicles touch your vagina?

Hi COS!

Are you worried you might have spread herpes to your man's testicles? Does he see anything on his testicles or are you just curious?

The majority of how herpes is transmitted when there is no active herpes outbreak is through skin-to-skin friction (via viral shedding). Since the testicles aren't involved in most of that sexual friction (at least not the kind of sex I'm used to), ;) it's less likely. Your question also deserves more understanding of how herpes is transmitted in general. Of course, an active outbreak is waaay more likely to transmit herpes than viral shedding will (much more virus is in an outbreak as opposed to viral shedding). Don't have sex when you're having an outbreak. There's always a chance of spreading herpes to mucous membranes (genitals, mouth, eyes) even when there's not an outbreak, but those parts of the body not directly involved with sexual friction when there isn't an active outbreak, it's less likely to spread that way.

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources:

I understand the testicle-vagina connection. ;) But what I'm saying is that the testicles aren't doing a lot of skin to skin friction. (Not as much as the penis, for example.) He should be fine. I'm glad you're being mindful of that, too. But if you're just getting over an outbreak a few days ago, I'd wait a little longer in the future. I like to wait at least a week after my outbreak ends. Just my personal preference.

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources:

Here's your stats:

F-M transmission rate is 4%

Add Suppressive Therapy 2%

Add condoms 1%

Ie - the same risk as you getting pregnant when on birth control pills.

So if you have been on BC at some point in your life I doubt you worried about getting pregnant. Yes, it CAN happen. But the odds are pretty slim. ;)

BTW, you should be on suppressive therapy for 10 days to make sure you have enough in your system ... for future reference ..