• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Oral HSV 2 Throat Problem

Ok so I was diagnosed with Oral HSV 2 about 4 weeks ago now. I believe I am still in the process of healing from my first outbreak but yesterday my throat started to feel as if I have something stuck in the back of it. Every time I swallow it is a super annoying feeling! As if there is a piece of food back there that just won't go down. I just took 2 Advil and a sore throat lozenge and nothing is helping! Does anyone have any suggestions? I also tried gargling with salt water and that didn't help either! If this feeling continues I don't know how I'll be able to sleep! Someone help me please!

Do you have valtrex? In case you are having another outbreak? It's possible given you are in the super early stages...esp with cold season coming on

Otherwise keep gargling and maybe try honey and lemon .. and get to the Dr/clinic tomorrow.. I'm guessing you are just not quite cleared of your first OB and you are having another..one your body gets control you should be ok

@WCSDancer2010 I have a prescription for it incase I need it again. I completed 5 days of it, twice a day 2 days after my outbreak. It doesn't look like I'm having another outbreak from looking at my throat with a flashlight but then again I've never experienced this before so I don't know.

I've read that since the throat is a constant moist area it can take some time for it to completely clear, 2-7 weeks to be exact? *Sigh*

Possibly - this is an area I don't know much of but it could be the Herpes and your body doing battle again (but not breaking out which means the body is winning)or it could be a secondary infection or just a cold. If it gets that bad just go in and get a culture done again to make sure it's not Strep and if not they may say hit the Valtrex again. Or just take it - if it clears up, you know what it was :/

@WCSDancer2010

Yes your are right! It is going to take me sometime and not to mention I am an anxious stressful person by nature which I know it's good for any situation in life. Coming on here definitely contributes towards thinking about it but it is also very helpful. It makes a world of difference being able to share with people that can relate to your situation. Although I don't wish H upon anyone, I do wish someone else with Oral HSV 2 would come forward so that way we could converse a bit.

Well look at it this way - this is a GREAT place for you to practice dealing with the anxiety/stress of something that is mostly out of your control (and in doing so, you will actually get more control over the virus.. win win, right?!!)

Yeah - I am sure at some point someone will ... this site is growing every day so at some point someone else with your situation will eventually come on here ..

(((HUGS)))

HV, think about it this way ... The reason all of us come to this site first is to get as knowledgeable about our specific situation with herpes so that all those unconscious fears and paranoia can fade into reality (instead of some stigmatized fantasy). So this is bringing conscious awareness and choice into feelings and beliefs that tend to stay unconscious (and hence run our lives behind the scenes). Then from there when herpes ceases being an unconscious, shameful drain on our mental and emotional resources, we are more available to be present in our lives to happiness and joy and love. Then the next layer is to help others who come to this community who are deep in shame to recognize the same. It's a beautiful cycle of self-support spilling into support of others. Those who started out wounded help to heal others who are now wounded. Wounded healers. That is who we are. And that is what this movement is all about.

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources:

@WCSDancer2010 @Adrial

Again thank you for your responses! I completely understand what you are saying and I bet lots of people on here read about me having Oral HSV 2 and think that I maybe got an "easy end of the stick." Especially since you, Adrial have told me that recurrences are rare and I have also read a lot of information online stating the same. I really am going to start making a conscious effort today to be more positive and I'm going to start by getting back into my regular exercise routine. You two have helped me immensely and I hope that by me being here if anyone else does turn up with Oral HSV 2 I will be able to help them just the same. :)