• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

STD test comes back in less than 24 hours?? What?

Idk about blood test results but for a culture (and I'm diggin back in my memory bank from a bio-technology class I took 10 years ago so it may have changed) but the swab would need to be sent to the lab and then they rub the swab into a dish which then sits to let it "grow".

cultures usually take time before they grow enough be seen under a microscope.

Different STD tests take different time - they now have an HIV test that comes back in 20 min in office in a lot of places.

Yes - a culture has to be grown so a lot will depend on how many virus are present in the original swab as to how long it will take to have a result.

Blood tests - well, there are a lot of different tests out there (believe it or not......Biokit Rapid Test, Bioplex HSV, Capita ELISA, Euroimmun ELISA, Western Blot, etc) that different labs use ... all their standard times are 1 week except Western Blot (which I believe is the most accurate and is used to determine a previously confusing result) which can take 2-3 weeks. They have to separate the blood and plasma, find and identify the virus and determine if the numbers are high enough for a "positive" result.

So no, you won't likely get a Herpes result back in 24 hrs ... hopefully one day they will have some kind of at home test (like they do now for HIV) but at present, we have to play the waiting game for results :(