• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

On the Road Again with a word of advice :)

So, this is my first post and It was great speaking with you Dale just recently. Anyhow, I had recently started dating someone and decided after about 4 weeks it was time to tell him that I had herpes. Well, lets say it was rushed, nerveracking and totally uncomfortable. We got along great, and it was nice to finally meet and date again and feel good about myself. Then the herpes talk came. Mind you, I have had herpes for 13 years now. Finally, I disclose to him and he was very kind and truly nice about the whole situation. Unfortunately, he just couldn't do it. He wasn't up for the challenge and that's ok. Now, let me tell you it was disappointing and I was sad, but honestly, I know I am a great person and my time will come when I meet someone who can accept me for who I am and what I have to offer them in life.

For all of you who are struggling with this virus I know it can be hard at times but it is what you make of it and it can make us struggle mentally just as well, but it's not the end of the road... It's the beginning. Just hang in there! This virus does not define who you are as a person and don't let it control you..because it can and it had done it to me for a long time. Now, I am accepting of it. It's ok, I am alive and well and things could be so much worse in life! I'm so grateful for everything and everyone in my life.

Just remember, life is not about sex. It's just a small part of life that we enjoy. A very small part. Don't let herpes control you.

Anyhow, I am on the road again and just about to start dating someone else. It's only been a few week's since my last herpes talk and, I will not let this hold me back or make me feel inferior. So, don't let it hold you back. I understand that talk can be so hard, but this support group is truly amazing! When, I am ready to have that talk with someone, I'll be leaning on this suport forum.

I know this was a long post but I really wanted to share my thoughts with all.

Chrissy :)>-

Chrissy, your post is inspiring. Thank you for sharing this with our community. You're one of those examples for many. Acceptance is a beautiful thing. And it allows us to live into our lives more fully. I love how you put it.

VirgoGirl, I love that you're so inspired and appreciative. Warms my heart that people like you are feeling so good and getting so much from this site. It's all of us that make it what it is, so thank you for participating like you do! :)

I hope to see BOTH of you at the seminar in October! Yay! :)

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources: