• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Great TED talk.. Not what it appears.

This has been posted on here several times...and it was on my FB right as I was getting ready to come out myself. It was one of the things that pushed me over the edge. Realizing that the only way to change things was to be able to discuss it openly as Adults was to be able to just say "I have Herpes.... and I'm ok with it. What do you know about it?" so that conversations could be had to educate people without hurriedly shutting a door and whispering.

I suggest that everyone on here watch this video :)

@nic4897 Thank you for sharing Ash's powerful tEDx video. It resonated so strongly with me and what we all have to do someday. I would have never equated having difficult conversations with living in a dark, lonely closet. What a brilliant analogy! This has given me a lot to think about. I need to start having more difficult conversations.

Closets are breeding grounds for Shame ...

Brene Brown talks about Shame and Vulerability ...two talks that I think should be combined with Ash's talk to create a great Trinity of Talks on Authenticity ;)

http://herpeslife.com/herpes-forum/discussion/1949/vulnerability-shame-and-herpes-brene-brown

If you put shame in a petri dish it needs 3 things to grow exponentially - secrecy, silence, and judgement.

Sounds like a closet to me :(

If you put the same amount of shame into a petri dish and douse it with empathy, it can't survive.

WORD!