• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Second Herpes Outbreak

So I had my initial outbreak back in February and it was the worst thing I've ever experienced in my life. I went to the er and they prescribed Valtrex. Fast forward to the second outbreak that I am currently struggling with. it seems as one sore starts to heal anything forms. has anyone else experienced this? Also I am having some serious tingling down there for the first time tonight. is this normal or should I be worried? it's literally been so bad to the point where I've contemplated suicide. As far as medicine I'm currently on: Lysine, Zinc Vitamins, Vitamin C, and anti-depressants. For methods I've used to get some relief I've tried: warm showers since I live in a dorm with community showers, water to help alleviate pain during urination, campho-phenique, and tonight baby powder. I don't know what to do and I'm having a mental break down. it's been a week and this outbreak was triggered by getting sick with mono.

Does your dorm have a bath tub? Slim chance I know, but mine did in some of the dorms. If not, if the shower has somewhat of an option to plug up the water and sit in it (sounds odd, I know) try a shallow bath with Epsom salt. It seriously dried mine up in a few days. Also, go commando if you can. The air really helps. Also, call your doctor tomorrow or go into the er if the pain is unbearable and they can either give you a few low doses of narcotics or at least give you a shot of pain meds to give you some relief. My doctor gave me 3 days worth of Tylenol 500s (I think that was the doseage) to help me get some sleep.

I know it seems impossible right now, but it will get easier. Your body has been through so much in a short time. Be as kind to yourself as possible right now.

@jsmith

First - Welcome! Glad you found us!

So Mono is a Herpes virus - so you have a double whammy hitting your body right now. Do know this is a TEMPORARY thing. Very uncomfortable and traumatic perhaps, but it WILL pass.

The tingling may be a Prodrome symptom - a symptom that you get before an OB...if that becomes your normal then it will help you so you can start taking whatever helps you to knock an OB down quickly.

@Sparklepony is right about going commando and the Epsom salts. Also, if you can find some Ammonium Alum (McCormick makes it or just google it) you can dab some of the powder on the OB's - if they are open it will sting like a mofo but it will really knock them down and dry them up.

This one should pass faster... but keep the faith .. it should get better with each OB,

(((HUGS)))

i'm currently experiencing my 2nd OB and it's nowhere near as bad as my 1st one. my partners tell me that it looks a bit like there is a head on one of the sores and that it looks like i have 3-4 on one side of my vag and then the bigger one (the one i felt b4 the OB, just soreness for me, no real tingles). i am currently on valtrex bc i went to my gyno on Monday (symptoms started on Friday nite)..i dont even really feel any pain rn. i did feel sum uncomfortable-ness the 1st couple of days and i just went without my undies at nite and wore loose undies during the day (white cotton seems to be the best).

soo, wat i find to help me out is going without undies and using a cold washcloth to soothe the area. i agree with any other relief options the others have told you about bc i kno that the ppl on this site kno wat they're talkin about and they have a lot more wisdom than i do :D also, a cold bottle helped me (bc i didnt have an ice-pack); i just put a bottle of water in the freezer and then took it out a few hrs later and lay it b/t my legs while i read (1x i fell asleep with it b/t my legs lol). it helps, imo.

valtrex is always an option too. and there is no shame in that, whether you choose to do it at the sign of an OB -- i went this route for my episodic OB's bc i felt it was the best choice for me atm -- or if you get on supressive therapy, you have to do wat is bet for you. and i take pain meds (i usually just do ibuprofrin but i do have hydros just in case) when i hurt during an OB.

p.s. i was suicidal during my 1st OB so i kno where ur coming from ::hugs:: just remember you are not ur illness and it does not define who you are. also remember that it does get better. you just have to take care of yourself and love yourself <3