• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Lysine to help with the herpes itch

Ok so I'm struggling with the itching - no blisters and doesn't burn when I go to the toilet.

During the day is not so bad if it stay busy, night time is the worst.

Tested for thrush, no thrush. Do the salt baths, use zinc and caster oil ointment but this is all quite temporary relief. I've done 2 lots of the 5 day medication treatment but only had one blister. The itching has pretty much been constant for almost a month now.

Does Lysine help with the itching as well?

HI,

how long do you have herpes ? Are you a male or female? its important question because the itchy feeling over long time of period is for woman much more usually then for men. In the beginning your immune system fight the virus , so the itchy feeling can go on for a while till it get less. Woman have more membrane at the vagina , the skin is much more thin , so the virus have better chance to make his way around. L-Lysine didn't helped to much for me but I read a lot of messages on the website and IT DID helped many people to control the virus a bit better. Try it out yourself and you will see if it have any affect on you or not.

What I can recommend is eating with coconut oil and turmeric, they both naturally antivirals, maybe you wane try that too....turmeric is quit cheap herbal , you should take 3-4 gram every day in your food. Coconut is more expensive and you have to get used to the taste but I learned to like it now. Give it all a try but separately that you can see what works for you best. Good luck

For those that Lysine seems to help, it will be because of the fact that it's helping the body to fight the H virus off. As @Judith said, it won't hurt to try it. I'd also clean up your diet (get off sugar if you can) and go commando when you can....

You can also ask your Dr for Lidocaine cream which may help relieve it enough for you to get to sleep...

(((HUGS)))

It will... one month in your life is a minor blip in your timeline...we can live about 4,000 weeks so 4 weeks is nothing. I see this with patients all the time in my office... a few weeks of a shoulder strain or backache and they are convinced they will never feel "normal" again ;)

Patience grasshopper, patience ;)