• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Do you ever just want them to have herpes on tv?

My sister and I were watching a programme where a teenager had just had sex and was itchy. Her friends were telling her to get checked out and it might be herpes " that NEVER goes away"

She goes to a doctor and just has thrush.

This whole time I'm watching going " please have herpes please have herpes" just so it would have to be addressed.

I know it's just tv but still would be a nice change for once at least here any way.

I do this all the time. Most often when I'm watching a romantic comedy or a Nicholas Sparks inspired film, where a plot line of herpes would obviously NEVER happen. As they are making out and about to "make love" I always imagine one of them saying "I have herpes."

There are a few shows out there that are starting to touch upon the subject ... or on STD's in general. Several showing the person having a scare ... but it would be nice to have someone get H and show what happens here - the (unnecessary) agony and upset ... and the reality of living and loving with H.

I think it will happen soon.... a lot of subjects are being covered nowadays that wouldn't have been touched even 5 yrs ago. It's just a matter of time ;)