• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

How likely is it to pass...

Noy likely but still possible.

which strain does he have and which strain do u have? Hsv1/hsv2.

If u both have tje same strain of the virus its very unlikely but not impossible.

if u guys have one of each i think the chances of passing are a little higher.

maybe go on suppresives?

First - do you know if you have HSV1 or 2? That is important, because "Genital herpes" can be H1 OR H2 ...

If you have Genital H2, it's unlikely but not impossible to pass it to him orally (only 1% of all oral H is H2) but you *can* pass it to him genitally. Conversly, he *can* pass H1 to you in either place if you have H2. The best thing you can both do is go get blood tested to see what you both have for sure. He *could* be carrying the H2 virus already and not know it. Odds are he's never been tested, even if he thinks he has. Make it a "date" - make it silly and funny that you are having a date at PP or whatever (there are even FREE STD clinics in some cities)

The stats for each kind are on the handouts here:

Handouts + disclosure e-book:

http://eepurl.com/b4IPP

(((HUGS)))

Thank you both. I am on suppressive therapy and have been for 20 years. This sounds crazy but I am not sure which strain I have had. I have had it for so long and can't remember much of the diagnosis given I was in such shock and only 19 years old. Dancer - I like the idea of a fun date to the clinic. Not sure how "fun" he would think that is but I suppose it comes with the territory. So far he has been absolutely amazing, so I imagine he would be willing to do it so he knows what he is dealing with.