• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

i just had my first herpes out break.

My cousin who had her first out break 9 months ago, went to my mother's and and used my razor. I had no idea that she did. Last Saturday I used that razor. It cut me which is normal I usually accidentally cut my yoohoo, almost every time. But then two days later I had this uncomfortable itch. I think I was getting a yeast infection from eating donuts. I went to the hospital Wednesday, I had bumps all over the outside of my pee whole. I couldn't pee, nor close my legs. I ran a temperature of 102.2. The doctor came in and instantly told me I had hsv, but that's all. He gave me the worse look of my life. The thing is, I have been with my husband and for 6 years. I know he hasn't went out on me. He knows the same for me. I can't drive and we live in the middle of nowhere. So he proscribed me monistat and acyclovir 800 mg twice daily. Well last night I started my period. I went to my normal gynecologist, and he is no longer a gynecologist. I almost didn't make it to the pharmacy, to pick my medication up. This all happened yesterday. I have a appointment, I was hopping to get the rub for the lesions on me to make it easier to pee. I swear I have over 30 of them on me and in me. I got a mirror to look at everything down there last night. I have tried to take bath and pee and it's still painful. I have used a wash cloth and holding it over my yoohoo to make it easier. I promise, I refuse to pee. I dread it more than anything, it's so painful I cry. I am using pads for the first time I. Years cause I have read a lot of people saying it's best for your period. I also have a two year old daughter and Tuesday I had a small bump, and I took a sits bath thinking I had a yeast affection and she got in the bath with me and I am scared she may have got it. But hasn't shown any signs. It was a very warm bath though. On the bright side, I trying to kick this thing in the butt. I am taking sits bath. Taking my meds and using corn starch on my pads to try the lesions out. They haven't popped, but I heard it's best if they don't.

Hey @ brittanyarrowood!

And welcome!

First i have to say this, its nearly impossible to "catch" herpes as a result of using a razor.

1: herpes cant live outside the body for very long. And 2: u usually need skin to skin contact for the virus to transfer.

Either u or ur hubby could have gotten it well before u met and coincidentally is showing up now.

also u need to find out if u have hsv1 or hsv2. See hsv1 is the leading cause of coldsores. (Only about 2 % is cause by hsv2). So if u or ur hubby have ever had a coldsore in ur life chanves are it could have spread from the mouth to tje gennitals while fooling around.

Hsv1 is also the reason for almost 50% of new gennital herpes diagnoses.

And as i before mention with the skin to skin contact, unlikely u have passed ir to your child! So i dont think u need to worry about that anymore.

Good things come from a product called lydocain (perscription is need) but u can get the over tje counter one which is a smaller % of the medicine. It helps to numb the area, its a gell like substance that u apply to the area kinda like rub a535 or whatever its called..., ive also used naproxin for the severity of pain i went through. (Aleve works too, no alcohol with it tho! Bad for liver)

@WCSDancer2010 mentions she uses a pruduct called alum on it and she says it does the trick!

Make sure your keep urself healthy, lysine works well for some people (a vitamen supplement in pill form).

Go comando when possible (after aunt flow visits.. haha)

and make sure ur dry down there, using a blowdryer for example after a shower can help with that.

Read through the FAQ section too it will help alot!

Also check out @Adrial's video, super informative, http://herpeslife.com/herpes-forum/discussion/3183/new-video-herpes-facts#Item_7

I found this link to be helpfull too, http://regannaturopathic.com/2013/04/the-truth-about-arginine-lysine-and-herpes-simplex-virus/

I hope this helps a bit! Come back with any more questions u may have! Everyone here is super supportive!!!

xox

I told my husband about that we could had had before we met and he blew up on me, saying he hasn't shown any signs and I told him that most men don't show signs, because of how good their immune systems are.

I tend to get out of the shower and hike my leg up like a dog over my window air conditioner. The cool air feels good. I went commando the whole time until last night. I wore a night gown so my daughter wouldn't see me before she went to bed. I also have pain in my muscles and a sore throat.

@brittanyarrowood

Hello and welcome!

I agree with @willow - it's highly unlikely that your cousin passed it to you. For one, the virus only lives for a few hour at the very best outside the body and then in only perfect conditions, and I would assume that your cousin would have used soap which would have killed the virus anyway. You don't mention the amount of time between when your cousin used the razor and when you did but I'm guessing it was more than a day so I just can't see that as being the source of where you got it from.

I would say that it's more likely that the open cut you mention allowed the virus to get in ... and like Willow said, it's very possible you could have got it from oral sex.... or even regular sex if your hubby is an asymptomatic carrier. If you can get them to swab the lesions and find out if you have HSV1 or 2 that will help you to figure out what the source was. You may want to take your hubby with you to the Dr so they can explain to him about asymptomatic carriers (80% of carriers who have H don't know it) and the Oral HSV1 transmission possibility. You can also show him the materials that you can download here:

Handouts + disclosure e-book:

http://eepurl.com/b4IPP

http://www.cdc.gov/std/Herpes/STDFact-Herpes-detailed.htm

This is the part he needs to see:

How Do people get genital herpes?

Infections are transmitted through contact with lesions, mucosal surfaces, genital secretions, or oral secretions. HSV-1 and HSV-2 can also be shed from skin that looks normal. In persons with asymptomatic HSV-2 infections, genital HSV shedding occurs on 10% of days, and on most of those days the person has no signs or symptoms. [4] Generally, a person can only get HSV-2 infection during sexual contact with someone who has a genital HSV-2 infection. Transmission most commonly occurs from an infected partner who does not have a visible sore and may not know that he or she is infected. [5]

As for the symptoms, try the following:

Go Commando as much as possible - getting air to the area can help to dry it out more quickly

Pee in the shower or pour cool water over the area while you pee to help with the burning..... use blow drier after to dry the area out.

Reduce stress as much as possible - Herpes feeds off stress!!! It can become a good barometer for you that your body needs attention in some form or other

Look up Trigger Foods/triggers on here in the FAQ and search bar - lots of topics on them ... the main foods are chocolate and nuts but you want to learn about the Lysine/Argenine balance that can help keep Herpes under control

Epsom Salts baths can do wonders for some. Sit in the bath and dump a few handfuls of the salts right between your legs. Relax and let the salts do their thing then get out and dry off, finishing with a blow drier set on low heat to really get the area dry.

These 4 things seem to do the most help for the most people. Aloe Vera CREAM (make sure ALOE is one of the first ingredients and there isn't a bunch of other crap like petroleum and if it has glycerine, it's AFTER the Aloe in the ingredients .. go to a Health food store for your best chance of getting a good product) or Zinc cream may help during the day to keep it from sticking and help relieve the pain ..

Also: Gold Bond Spray powder - right after exercising/hot showers/etc. Supposedly really cools the area ;)

And yes, I've used Alum for years. It's not as east to find nowadays but the astringent properties dries it up for me. I recently heard about someone using Baking Soda in the same way.....

Hope this helps a bit.

(((HUGS)))

Well I have to admit, I have a lot of my answers already written on a word document (like what to do for OB's) that I copy and paste now for speed...LOL

But thanks - I try to make it as simple as possible because I know people brains are on overload and they just need simple things to latch onto in the beginning ;)