• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Mini Success that feels like a big one.

Hey Everyone! I had a very strange night on Monday that involved a little too much alcohol at a BBQ with a bunch of coworkers. One of my coworkers and I had slept with previously but it had triggered an outbreak and led me to get diagnosed. I of course thought he gave it to me but he went and got tested and all that jazz and I found out my ex-boyfriend had actually been the giver. My coworker was very comforting about me being lied to and saying I deserved better but the way he freaked out about potentially having H made me feel absolutely disgusting. Since all of that went down I pretty much convinced myself that the attraction we once had was completely gone now due to me being disgusting. Well Monday night we were both a little too intoxicated and ended up having a very honest conversation. I of course was the hot mess in tears (thank you alcohol) but basically he apologized for making me feel like I was gross and wiped my tears away. He then mentioned my suppressive therapy and how it makes H not a big deal which made me realize he had done some research. He even said that he hates that my ex lied and I deserve better but I deserve better than him as well. After all of this we spent some more time with friends then headed back to his place where he proved H wasn't a big deal to him and he definitely doesn't find me disgusting. ;) It's a mini success but I feel like maybe I've still got it! Hooray for having a sex life!

@DecievedAndDealing

Yay - another Success Story!!! So happy for you. And this just proves that while many may *initially* get freaked out when you tell them your status (and really, come on, if you freaked out when you got diagnosed how can you blame someone who isn't educated for doing the same thing when you disclose to them??) that if you REALLY mean anything to them, they will get educated, and *may* come back (depending on the accuracy of the info they find, other sources of info like talking to a Dr, their OCD/Hypochondria/anxiety levels, etc) because they value you too much to not at least get to know you better.

Strike up another success to the Herpes Wingman ;)

Well done!

(((HUGS)))