• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Erythema multiforme from hsv ugh

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Her ANA was positive -- 1:160

Rheumotologist did testing --- determined nothing autoimmune .

Derm doubled famvir dosing Friday --- had a good weekend then woke up Sunday with a couple of new spots. I just can't understand why this is happening. We are going back to see Derm mo day because of infection from her biopsy spot. Completely discouraged--- my wifes skin was so beautiful . Why did this happen to her now? She's had HSV for many years with little or no complications. Made appt with mayo clinic in Florida for late October.

We thought same thing but this rheumy was highly recommended and told us she does not have an autoimmune disease and the low titer score of 1:160 did not mean she had autoimmune. He took six viles of blood and said all looked good. Our Derm --- who is also an immunologist tested biopsy for lupus and said it was not lupus --- we are so confused. Our normal life has put on hold. Back to Derm tommorrow for more biopsies. Beginning to wonder if this is going to stop. Very discouraged and an amazed how an HSV she has had for years can suddenly take control of er skin.

Funny, because that's not what nçbi sayssays or the CDC. It absolutely is more easily absorbed and you hadn't known about through IV until I told you, so I'm confused as to what you're saying you addressed that at the start of this?

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK47444/

Tbh, there's not that great of doctors around these days. Your beat bet is to find a young one... They're not disillusioned yet and more willing to help.. Hence why I sought after the endocrinologist I found.

• 3 years later...