• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Didn't think I'd hear from him again, but.....

I had to disclose to an ex-boyfriend that I was diagnosed with h.

it was very difficult but he took it well. We have known each other for ten years, and I thought that after I told him, I would never hear from him again.

Well, a couple days later, I heard from him. He text me to go golfing. I agreed to go.

It took a lot to drag myself out of the house. I just wasn't in the frame of mind to be out socializing.

It ended up that that evening of golfing was the least I've thought about h since being diagnosed a month ago!

First off, when I met him there, he hugged me hello. He didn't once bring up h. He treated me just as before. he gave me tips on my golf swing just like before. When walking down the fairway to our balls, he put his arm around my shoulders. At the end, he kissed my cheek and hugged me goodbye.

It was a nice evening and made me feel the most relaxed I'd been in weeks. :)

My hope is that for whoever reads this, it instills some hope in you.

Let's all keep strong. :)

So happy you had such a wonderful day :) We all can have more of them I think. H is such a mental condition, but if we aren't actively experiencing an outbreak or thinking about disclosing to someone, life can be the same as it was before we had H. H can even help us find our real friends, and the people who really deserve to be our partners. We all deserve days like this with people who make us forget or indifferent to H!