• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Please help . I'm so ready to give up

So I just got over the worst and longest ob other than my first . While showering I felt something on the opposite side of where my obs occur. It was nowhere near as sore as painful as a usual ob. Upon checking it out I see a huge pimple. Is it possible I have it on the other side somehow now too? I don't know if I can go through with this again. Please help

It's possible that it's a pimple , it's possible it's an OB. But the more you obsess about it, the higher the likelihood you will CAUSE an OB.

If you have anit-virals, take a double dose today ... do the epsom salts bath and make sure to get it REALLY dry afterwards. If you are using Tea Tree oil or whatever, put that on it. In other words, instead of freaking out, go on the attack. I find the more aggressively I attacked any new OB's, the faster they went (and consequently, the fewer I got and the weaker they were.) Your body needs to get it under control - but right now you need to help it out a bit. Rather than waiting to see how it goes, take control now....

It's a good life lesson too ... we often wait till things are unworkable to address them. But when we take responsibility early on for the issue, we often can make things work out better than ever expected :)

(((HUGS)))

Why after 3 years am I getting all of these outbreaks ?!? I just don't get it . After I started suppressive therapy I was pretty much good to go. Now that I found someone who I really love and actually enjoy sex for once this is happening to me . I don't mind an ob here and there but this is ridiculous. This started in July . I finally was clear and still had pain left over from that ob and now there's a new ob on the left side . I just don't get it . I'm not sure I can take it

Again, this may well be a pimple. So treat it like one, but take the other precautions as well. I'd guess that at least half the time that I "treat" a possible new OB, that it's actually something else.... the good part is that whatever happens, the fact that I am taking better care of myself is a win-win ...

The more you stress about it, the higher the likelihood you will MAKE an OB come on. Take control of the situation and things usually get better... simple fact of life in pretty much EVERY challenging life situation.

Thanks guys . I'm a spaz. I appreciate the support . God bless you Dancer for helping everyone . I'm just scared it will turn into what I experienced these past 2 months and if that's the case , going to work is going to be very hard. Anyway, I'll pray and hope for the best . I think it is an ob bc the left side of my vagina was super tender and swollen on Tuesday night. I'm thinking that was prodrome . Just confused bc I don't ever remember having an ob on left side . Doubling up my valtrax and taking lysine . Also going to eliminate coffee. For good . Wish me luck .

I think it's H. Looking back I had calf pain last week and what could have been prodrome Tuesday night (sore swollen vagina) ... When I had the last ob I always felt some sensation on the left side but nothing ever developed. I think it was destined to rear it's little annoying head sooner or later. For me I don't think the valtrex helps to knock it back . But in this case it's not painful , just a bit sore to the touch when I dab it with a dry tissue. I just hope and pray that this isn't going to be a continuous thing . I'm not built for it . N I also had unpro sex with my bf yesterday am ... (He knows the risks etc) but I didn't have any idea I had a sore down there . I discovered it after , when I got a shower. That's what is killing me the most. I hope he doesn't get it. I would have never been unprotected if I thought something was down there . I'm thinking of getting a massage today bc I can't get this ordeal out of my head and I don't want this added worry in my life .

Well, first - it's easy to try to connect every dot (feeling/symptom) to Herpes at first ... but you said you had sex and then discovered it ... well, sometimes sex does cause an OB (esp early on) but that doesn't mean it was there when you were having sex. AND, the irritation from sex could have caused a pimple too....

Get that Massage ... let yourself relax. In all honesty, what is done, is done. Your BF knows his risks.... and those risks are pretty low, but they are there and he's a big boy ... he's made HIS choice to be with you.

*If* it's an OB, it's good news that its not as bad as the others ... that means that your body is gaining control of the virus .... so that has to be a win for you :)

(((HUGS)))

@willow I take 500 mg 2xs a day if I split it in half but usually take the whole 1000mg pill once a day of valtrex ... my dr also prescribed me 800mg 2xs a day of acyclovir ... I have the rx just haven't filled it yet ? Has anyone ever seen any kind of difference as a suppressive between the two? I know they are basically the same just hit ur blood stream differently ... Would like to know if anyone has had success with one over the other . Thanks again all <3

So I'm guessing this wasn't an ob beings that I found the contents of a whitehead near the area and it now looks like a popped pimple . N still doesn't really hurt . So strange !!!!!! Could have sworn it was H bc on Tuesday night my vagina felt swollen n tender especially on the left side , maybe a small infection that has now been released. The only reason I was unsure bc it was on my left side and my obs are always on my right ... So no it was not an ob but I thank u all for ur support. I was scared the cycle was starting all over again. Yay!