• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Question: side effects of herpes meds?

So I was wondering if anyone started to experience more acne since taking suppressives, specifically acyclovir. I have noticed a definite increase in acne, not just on my face and I have never gotten body acne before but I just popped one next to my elbow! What are other side effects you all have experienced? Just trying to figure out if anyone else has experienced this.

Also! Just had a pap smear for the first time. Worst thing ever! But I did get to educate a doctor. I asked which type I had and he said there was no way of knowing. He showed me my results they used the IgG thing it was 21.something and I was like no there definitely is a way and it does matter! Finally he asked another doctor. His bad. So hopefully in a week or two I will finally know!(:

@Jennie

Could you print out some of the handouts and take them to that Dr and ask him to give them to anyone with H .... tell him he can make all the copies he wants too ;)

Handouts + disclosure e-book:

http://eepurl.com/b4IPP

And you may want to print out the CDC Fact Sheet for him in case he is out of touch with all the latest H facts ... you may want to highlight the parts that I underlined here:

http://www.cdc.gov/std/Herpes/STDFact-Herpes-detailed.htm

How do people get genital herpes?

Infections are transmitted through contact with lesions, mucosal surfaces, genital secretions, or oral secretions. HSV-1 and HSV-2 can also be shed from skin that looks normal. In persons with asymptomatic HSV-2 infections, genital HSV shedding occurs on 10% of days, and on most of those days the person has no signs or symptoms. [4] Generally, a person can only get HSV-2 infection during sexual contact with someone who has a genital HSV-2 infection. Transmission most commonly occurs from an infected partner who does not have a visible sore and may not know that he or she is infected. [5]

If we can educate the Dr's then *maybe* we have a hope to get the word out to the public... *sigh*

That's why the Handouts and the CDC info sheet are so helpful. They can't argue with the CDC's info and Adrials handouts are just a great tool to give people who need a simple fact sheet to help them understand things without spending hours on crappy assed websites getting the shit scared out of them :(

Hair loss as a side effect of acyclovir? Hmmm. If it is it took almost 10 years after I last used it to kick in. I rather doubt it. The DNA from both sides of the family doomed me to that fate. To tell the truth it doesn't bother me at all, not like I thought it would when I was younger.