• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

HSV2 Herpetic Whitlow Disclosure Help

Hi all. Recently diagnosed (10/25) with HSV2 Herpetic Whitlow (finger/digital herpes). Have gone out a couple off times with a new woman that I absolutely adore (prior to culture result on 10/25). So far we have kissed pretty heavily and I did some heavy petting (NOT with my whitlow hand/finger which is with zero blisters or scabbing currently).

Tonight we plan to meet for drinks once again and I had planned on disclosing my hand/finger situation. I want to put her first and not mess this up. What is the best way to disclose? I have gone over a few options in my head with none really feeling right. Also, do I disclose that it is HSV2 whitlow and localized to my finger or do I disclose I just have HSV2 in general? If you read my first thread my finger had major/severe symptoms with no symptoms else where. In talking to my Dr. he felt the finger was a first time exposure situation and is localized to finger only.

If someone could please help me with my disclosure I would be very grateful. Thank you.

Since no one has chimed in with response I will provide an update. I met her last night for drinks and just stated I had an awkward situation (thanks WCSDancer2010). I asked her is she ever heard of Herpetic Whitlow. She said no and I explained it was basically finger/digital herpes. Its caused by the herpes virus (HSV1/HSV2). Same one that can cause cold sores, which she admitted she has gotten. I explained it was localized to my left middle finger with no issues *south of the border*. I told her essentially HSV1 and HSV2 are basically the same virus except where they show up. HSV1 above the waist and HSV2 below the waste. I also told her the stat about how HSV1 is now the cause of 50% of all lower herpes infections. She really appreciated me being up front and we continued on with the evening of talking and having a few drinks. Being this was our third meeting it is still unknown if we will continue, but I can only hope. She did seem still interested and was interested in an actual dinner date;-) We shall see.

Hi Snyperx, seems like you handled it like champ and provided all the necessary details upfront and honestly. Be proud of that. It takes a lot of guts to be so vulnerable with someone so early on, and from what you wrote, it appears that she is still very much open minded to pursuing a relationship with you. Since she has HSV1, she is probably more compassionate with your diagnosis as well. I hope it works out for you and if not, hold your head up high. Your intentions were spot on, that commands a lot of respect. Wishing you lots of happy moments ahead!!