• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Vitamin Recommendations

I was curious if anyone had recommendations for vitamins I can take daily to help keep my immune system in check. I'm not taking any right now, not even a multi-vitamin. I'm one of those people that do great for about a week and then get lazy. But, I know I need to change that.

L-Lysine, Zinc, Olive Leaf extract, b-vitamins (B-6 helps with nerve issues ... most help with energy). I personally have used a Mushroom based supplement ( I use Lifeshield Immunity) for any "bugs" that I get and it seems to help when my immune system is down....never thought to use it for Herpes but it wouldn't hurt :)

I'm taking 1g of lysine and the airborne daily multi vitamin with immune support. I honestly have NO idea if either makes a difference.. I was just diagnosed in August and have had 2 OBs.. Since that second one last month, I've decided to stay on suppressive therapy as well. I'm hoping to make it through this cold/flu season without getting sick and hopefully no more OBs lol!

i would be careful introducing all these supplements into your body at once. i went off on several and when i started taking antivirals i got a lot of "discomfort" in my side ( i have a very high pain tolerance, you would too if you met my ex) when i stopped all of the supplements it went away and now ive been introducing them again 1 at a time. im not taking lysine at all as with the antivirals i figure its moot.

i do like taking an Echinacea/goldenseal for a few days when i think something is going on. had it work wonders for colds and such in the past, however, i don't take that one no more than 4 days without a break.