• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Feels like success

It may sound silly, but today i feel my body is having a successful day. The last 24 hours is the longest stretch I've gone with no prodrome symptoms since my initial OB which reared its head 3 1/2 weeks ago and that was with going immediately onto suppression meds as soon as treating the initial OB was complete. I was beginning to think I'd never go longer than an hour without the tingles and twinges!

I can't help but smile when I hear people wondering if they will ever be the same again after 3 or 4 weeks with the virus ... for one, if we didn't eventually get back to "normal" there would be a whole lot more cranky people out there .... and given you live about 4000 weeks, even 16 weeks or so is a drop in the bucket. But we are so used to taking a pill and making things go away, we don't know how to just trust our bodies to do their job if we suffer with anything for more than a few days or so :/ :)

Glad you are having a good day ... tomorrow may not be as good but in the long run, the good days will outnumber the bad.....promise ;)

(((HUGS)))

Thanks. I know these last few weeks are just a blip in my life but combined with so many other trials at work and everything falling apart in my house at once, I really needed a good day. A whole day with out feeling down yonder was about as close a win as I've been able to muster.

@RL2014

I have a suggestion:

Start a gratefulness journal. Try to think of 3 things that you are grateful for every day. It can be anything. A sunrise. Oreo cookies and milk. The smile of a child. Do it every day for a month and see how your outlook is. You see, once we start focusing on the negatives in our lives, we often become blinkered to the good....but by intentionally focusing on what is good in our loves, we can regain a reality check of sorts about our lives :)

(((HUGS)))