• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Herpes outbreaks and medication question

I mean worrying about who you know in a clinic would be the least of my concerns if I were in her situation. I can't really say if It's herpes or not being she has a variety of other issues going on...it could be she's having a really bad outbreak because she's left it untreated for some time and they can take anywhere from 2-6 weeks to heal depending on the person and the severity, but you won't know until you have official testing. As far as herpes on the cervix there isn't much you can do for that but to just avoid sex, and take meds for pain. @WCSDancer has mentioned there is a flush women can use to clean the inside but I just let time heal my wounds.

Thanks again we have not tried to have sex at all in some time it is really pulling us apart.we have not wanted to try scared of making more spots plus don't want her in any more pain now with uti it's just been out of ? for almost 2 months. How can it be considered just a skin condition this has put a huge wall in our lives? Its gotta get better soon

It does get better with time. You both have been recently exposed right? Like within the last 6 months to a year or so? Whatever the case, once you have your first official outbreak, more start to follow but they become less severe as antibodies build up to fight the virus. The MAIN thing you should do in the meantime is eat healthier, try to avoid alcohol and junk sugary foods. Take vitamins to boost your immune system, and try meditation or find something that helps relax you when stressed. Taking those steps really does make living with herpes so much easier.

Also as @WCSDancer mentioned above in the post, you can still participate in sexual activities. Doesn't always have to be penetration, but rather foreplay, or some other forms of stimulation. I'm in the same boat as you and your wife. My bf and I can't have sex right now until my body gets used to this being in my system. So we will be trying other methods to please eachother. It can be an exciting experience if you let it. :)

@Getbetter111

it's just been out of ? for almost 2 months. How can it be considered just a skin condition this has put a huge wall in our lives? Its gotta get better soon

TOUGH LOVE ALERT!

Well first of all, you BOTH have to take responsibility for your situation. You came on here about 4 weeks ago with a story about how you got it from a hand job (not possible). You have continued to ask us for some kind of info that might "diagnose" you and give you an out. You finally came out with the truth about a week ago. You've kept finding excuses for not getting looked at for the urine stream/pain issues. Your wife put her pride before her health and refused to go to a doctor early enough to get a diagnosis and any necessary medication so whatever is going on for her has managed to get out of control. I've given you TONS of things that might help with the issues and all I have heard that either of you are trying is the Epsom Salts baths. You've created 20 posts, with mostly the same questions and complaints. In every single one I have told you to get to a Dr (and get your wife to a WOMENS Dr). In every one there has been an excuse for why it isn't happening. So at least part of the reason that this has gone on for 2 months lays in both of your hands.

I've also pointed out to you that what is now 8 weeks is NOTHING in the 4000 +/- timeline of your life.True, herpes can put a speed bump in your sex life, but IN THE LONG RUN it IS a nuisance skin condition. We've explained (several times) that it can take up to a year for the body to get a total grip on the virus but that things should settle after 3-6 months for most ... so this will just have to be a lesson in patience for you.

You are so stuck on having sex, rather than dealing with your health and fixing your marriage .... both of which need your attention. You won't die if you don't have sex for awhile AND there's plenty of other fun things to do (which I've pointed out as well) but all I see is one complaint after another that you are not getting laid. YOU, my friend, need to get into counseling for that ... because I would put bets on that your upset over not having sex is what is putting the pressure on your marriage. You are putting so much energy into that and NOT into the things that need your focus .... health and relationship. Yes, sex is wonderful and can pull people closer together, but when that is the focus, the foundation of the relationship will start to rot and the marriage will crumble.

It's time for you BOTH to take responsibility for where you are at (both in relationship to Herpes AND your marriage) and stop avoiding the difficult and uncomfortable issues of getting tested and getting into counseling to repair your marriage. Herpes is NOT responsible for the stress in your relationship .... your indiscretion and subsequent feelings of guilt (whether that was where you got it, or whether you got it from your wife from her cold sores doesn't matter at this point) and your unwillingness to go straight to the professionals who can help you is what is rocking your marriage.

Of course most Dr's can't fit you in today ... most just had a very long break so it will take them a few days at least to clear the back-log. AGAIN, you can try Planned Parenthood ... they are more prepared for walk-ins ... but if the discharge is THAT bad, take her to the ER or a walk-in clinic ... they may or may not get you a totally accurate diagnosis but if the discharge is that bad it needs to be looked at NOW.