• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

very long herpes outbreak

i have ghsv-1. i've had the same outbreak since october. i've tried antivirals and epsom salt baths. i started taking l-lysine today so i'm hoping that will help me with my outbreak. i was wondering if it's normal for an outbreak to last this long that's not on/in the labia? it's weird because the outbreak that was in the labia cleared up very quickly just on antivirals, but the other bumps that are not on the labia (they are higher up) won't seem to go away or get any better. i'm going to continue to try doing all the different things that dancer told me about.

Heya, so not every bump on our body is herpes, so perhaps go to your doctor or a dermatologist to get another opinion. It might be something completely different that requires another form of treatment. I don't think a herpes outbreak would typically last that long, especially if you are saying another region cleared up... but I'm not an expert or doctor, so would be best to consult a professional that can examine it properly. A 2nd opinion would at least help put your mind at ease.

I thought my initial outbreak was much longer than it was as I was looking at every texture and bump assuming they were part of it. I was diagnosed at a "doc-in-the-box" and then about two weeks later when I saw my OB-GYN (couldn't get in sooner) she said it looked all cleared up and I then pointed out things to her. As she was much more "up close and personal" than I can get ever with a hand mirror and flashlight, I had to believe her when she said "nope, that's just you."