• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

GHsv1 and oral hsv1

Yes - pretty darned low .... there aren't any stats about transmission but GHSV1 sheds 1/3 as much as it does orally or GHSV2 does ... so that with the fact that your partner has at least *some* antibodies already makes the risk pretty small... and the general thinking of the experts is that GHSV1 rarely seems to get passed on ... certainly they have not got enough data about it to make it documentable :/

And if you are on suppressive therapy then that should really make the risk minimal

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm in the same situation. Got gHSV1 from my partner who had a cold sore, so he obviously has HSV1. I have been on suppressive therapy for a month and want to know what the statistics are for passing gHSV1 genitally from a woman to an HSV1 positive man when on suppressive therapy and without using condoms. I am very nervous to have sex with him for fear of passing it to him although I think the risk is minimal

I have both oral and GHSV1. I was diagnosed a year ago, and have been on suppressive therapy since then. My spouse and I do not use protection and he has never shown signs of transmission from me, as I got it from him (oral sex during cold sore) or my Dominant. I have been with both, and neither have gotten it from me. I do check each time for any possible sores on myself, and I watch for symptoms of an outbreak (tired a lot, fevers, etc.) but it's hard, as I'm in perimenopause too.

@Marley17

There are no actual official stats for that exact scenario, but the risk of passing HSV2 Female-male is 5%/yr with no suppressive therapy. Anti-virals cuts that risk in half. (2.5%)

GHSV1 sheds 1/3 as much as GHSV2 so take that 2.5% now down to less than 1% and you are likely somewhere in the ballpark. Main thing is to not play if you are at all unsure if you are having an OB ... which is the perfect excuse to get yer freak on some other way :)