• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Will he have herpes now? Found sore after sex.

Hello, I've had herpes for almost a year now, I got it last summer. My boyfriend and I have been together almost since then, I disclosed it to him and he understood. I have type 1, I told him how most people have it and that mine is very hard to transmit, however, it can be transmitted.

Anyway, so, I haven't had an outbreak since the initial one, which was horrifying and painful. A few of my friends have told me that they've never had an outbreak since their initial. However, I've been under an enormous amount of stress lately and have been kind of scared that I may get another outbreak.

The other day, my boyfriend and I had sex in the morning, when I went to use the restroom I found something down there that I thought might be an ingrown hair. Later that day, I saw that it may be a blister, so I immediatelt took precaution of what I found helpful to me on my initial outbreak. I put salt water on it and Destin cream on it. Now, I realize, a couple days later, that I think it's a herpes sore. It's not in clusters, nor do I have any more than just that one sore. It didn't hurt OR itch, nor did I think I was going to have an outbreak. It's barely bothering me, which is weird, because the initial one I was soooo itchy and sore and I couldn't even move really.

This is just one sore that is only a teeny bit sore right now because I have a pad on thats bothering it.

So, I have a question. Has anyone ever had a herpes sore without knowing, had sex, and transmitted it?! I'm so scared he's going to get it!! I would like to know both sides, type 1 and 2!! Please help me get some piece of mind!!

Our key word is "I have a fly in the ointment" so my "ointment" can't be used right now. So he knows it's there, however, I don't think he realizes the risk that he has right now. I'm pretty scared.

I had a very similar experience to yours - the guy I was dating and I had sex in the morning, and when I came home from work later that day I found three sores forming. Not only that, but it was my initial OB, so I didn't even know that I had it downstairs! I freaked out to the Dr, who confirmed it was herpes. That evening I went over to his house and told him.

After that exposure and dating him for the next 4 months, he never contracted it. He got tested when we broke up and came back negative, and has promised me he will get tested once more before he sleeps with anyone new.

So, is it possible that your SO got it, but its also very possible that he did not. Its even possible that you just have some skin irritation and its not even a herpes sore. Try not to stress out about it too much!

I had a very similar experience to yours - the guy I was dating and I had sex in the morning, and when I came home from work later that day I found three sores forming. Not only that, but it was my initial OB, so I didn't even know that I had it downstairs! I freaked out to the Dr, who confirmed it was herpes. That evening I went over to his house and told him.

After that exposure and dating him for the next 4 months, he never contracted it. He got tested when we broke up and came back negative, and has promised me he will get tested once more before he sleeps with anyone new.

So, is it possible that your SO got it, but its also very possible that he did not. Its even possible that you just have some skin irritation and its not even a herpes sore. Try not to stress out about it too much!

Thank you so much!! It's good to know that there is a chance he doesn't get it!!

Herpes can "pop up" pretty quickly ... meaning that you won't be shedding one moment then half a day later you may be having the beginning of an OB ... so there's a good chance he is ok and that having sex is what triggered the OB ...

At this point there isn't anything you can do but watch and wait and have him get tested in 4 months if he is concerned ... ;)

@Mirabella7 I have had the same experience more than once and I did NOT pass herpes on to my partner. Some people will never catch it and others need a lot more exposure than shedding. There is always a chance of course but there is also a really good chance you didn't pass it on. There is nothing you can do about it now and it sounds like he is accepting of the possibility so you should relax and realize it's all out of your hands and you haven't done anything wrong ;)

• 1 month later...

Hey @Mirabella7 - so how did that turn out for you? I had something similar happen today, didn't notice anything all day then about an hour after sex I noticed a small sore bump inside my labia! My partner and I have been tgether for 2 years, I'm hoping he doesn't get it. I need to ease my mind!