• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

(Paranoia Paranoia) Autoinoculation with no Breakout?

Wooo.

Alright, team. I keep a pretty upbeat, hopeful mind around this whole diagnosis, but I need a little bit of help here...

Facts:

GHSV-2, acquired July 4.

I have a weakened immune system right now - another bad bout of tonsillitis that has me on steroids and antibiotics, yikes!

On suppressive medication (Valtrex, 1g / day)

As I was sitting on the couch today, I was laying...erm...exposed...and rested my hand on my thigh/labia (not any "play" just resting there). Not thinking (SO CRAZY) I brought that same hand and pulled at a bit of my lip that I'd bitten earlier that day (meaning, there was a cut on my lip where I touched).

Given that I wasn't having any outbreaks or prodromes, I was only lightly resting my hand, and my most recent outbreak (1 sore) healed on Tuesday and wasn't anywhere in the area that I was resting my hand, can the others on the board just set my mind at ease a bit and let me know the danger that I'm looking at?

I will be so much more careful in the future - I honestly had 3 seconds that I forgot I had herpes and made an error...

@NothingGoodGetsAway Honestly, I don't think it is anything to worry about. It takes a little more effort than that to spread it. Especially if your body has already started creating antibodies for HSV2. Don't worry your pretty little head ok :)

@NothingGoodGetsAway

BREATHE!!! You are not an oozing ball of viral particles. Sure, you *may* be shedding at any one time, but fact(s) of the matter is:

1) HSV2 REALLY doesn't like the oral region

2) You need somewhere in the region of 40 MILLION viral particles to get a proper inoculation ... and that is before you have any antibodies to the virus ... so a light touch isn't likely to get anywhere near that to get the job done, even with you being on antibiotics and steroids :)

(((HUGS)))