• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

possible second herpes outbreak

Its been a while since I've been on here. My symptoms finally went away and I was feeling normal up until last week. I was a bit irritated when I noticed a small bump. It was a little tender to the touch and looked like an ingrown hair but it was in an awckward place. Its not like the text book blister. I'm just curious if this would be considered a second on if there is only one bump? I've been hav2 positive for 8months and I'm some what surprised that I haven had more Ob's since they say the first year is the worst. Im not complaining about it tho..I'm not currently on any antivirals.

Well, as we have said many times on here... there is no "typical" way that herpes progresses from one person to another. Yes, we say the first year is the "worst"....but remember 80% of people never have an OB at all ... what we mean by worst is that for those that do have OB's things should get better within a year ... but "how bad" those OB's are will still vary a LOT from one to another in that 20% who have OB's.

As for your bump... again, herpes doesn't do anything "textbook" ... so your bump could well be an ingrown hair or it could be H. Mine usually look like an ingrown hair nowadays. AND ... it *could* be an ingrown hair. I just assume everything is H if I don't have a definite "cause" (like a shaving nick) that it's H and find other ways to play if I'm in a relationship... also if I'm pretty sure it's H, I take a couple doses of my anti-viral ... it that clears it right up, I know it was H ;)

I've never had a blister or ulcer since my primary OB over a yr ago and I have obs AALLLL the time. If I do get one on my vagina, it's just a single red bump in the same place. The rest now like to be red bumps that pop up on my butt and one big red patch on my groin on either side. One had a red bump that was tiny too. There's just no one size fits all w herpes. Our immune systems are as unique as our thumb prints, so that means the virus will never display identical for each person.

I took the meds I have and it still took a few days to go away. It never blistered, but I did get irritated down below. All is well now so I guess there's no need to worry. It wasn't too bad just a reminder that I have the virus. Which is a downer in itself.