• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Working through my first outbreak :(

Hello everyone,

I have been dealing with symptoms of my first outbreak for 4 days now and am finding it very difficult. It's affecting my work and overall lifestyle. I'm having trouble moving much and have little to no relief from the pain. I have no urge to itch but the pain is severe. I was wondering if you have any tips or tricks for at home treatments? All help will be very appreciative! My mentality is positive it's just the physical side of H that is very crippling. I am seeing a doctor very soon to hopefully get a prescription for future outbreaks but in the mean time I'm floundering, trying to cope physically without help :(

Soak in Epsom salt baths as much as possible. Also purchase Bactine spray. You can take it to work w you and spray in the stall. Vaseline helped me dealing w friction and acting as a barrier between rubbing clothes and movement, and cut my pain down by a lot. Putting zinc cream on them first w the coating of Vaseline helped. Other than that sweetie, there's not a whole lot to be done. You gotta find what works best for you. The primary OB is the worst and you have to just ride it out. Just remember, it will be over soon.

Thank you so much for the feedback ladies! I purchased a few things like the Epsom salt, ibuprofen and a cool compress already but I'm gonna try everything to get through it. Very sweet of you guys to take the time to help :) I loved the tips for relief at work cause that's the worst! If I have another person ask why I'm walking funny again I'm gonna cry lol!