• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Tattoos, pedicures, etc still an option?

What? Oh my gosh! OF COURSE you can do those things! H doesnt spread that way... Unless im wrong then my daughter is in huge trouble because shes been getting pedicures and spa treatments MONTHLY since testing positive :0)

Of course she doesnt walk into the place and announce her status -lol- but even so, she wouldnt need to. No ones in "danger" of catching anything from her.

Dont let h stop you from living your life, relax! :)

The stigma sucks - its horrid- but If someone knows about your H and is nervous or uncomfortable around you, thats THEIR problem not yours. my daughter faces this all the time. And its interesting really. As time goes on, we notice the few people who are really bothered by her having H (like it effects them how exactly??) end up making themselves look stupid by whispering behind her back and acting all weird.

So let them feel uncomfortable and you sit back and enjoy that pedi! :)

You cannot spread it that way and you cannot spread it even from sharing a toilet w someone who doesn't have it. as long as you dknt get herpes whiteon your finger you should be fine. Once you've had this for 4-6 months, your body would have buit antibodies and autoinoculation is pretty rare (spreading to yourself in other locations) once you've built antibodies.