• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Primary OB, aciclovir sandoz and intermittent fasting

Hi

I've been fasting intermittently for over2 years now, mainly for health benefits. I'm now in my primary OB and on aciclovir sandoz 800mg 4/day. Is it bad for my resistence if I don't eat till dinnertime and then have a filling veggie-packed soup? Or am I risking setting back my progress? Is it bad for the stomach when I take the pills but don't eat? I'd rather skip a few fast days if it means kicking that OB faster or not messing with my stomach.

I can't give you any medical advice I'm just guess so please don't be upset. The only thing I can think is just make sure your body has enough protein and collagin to help rebuild at the outbreak area. Also, try to eat a little just to give your body the benefits of not having to burn it's reserve energy to fight off the outbreak. I don't think you need to go crazy and eat three gigantic meals, just some protein, and a few nutrient packed very colorful veggies. This is just my guess. :)

I agree - be careful to not deplete your body right now...

Also if you are into the nutrition side of things, eat foods/supplements that help with nerve support/repair like Vitamins B6 and 12, Vitamin C and D for immune function, etc... Anything to help the body to fight it off and repair the damage ... also *some* get great results with L-Argenine ... so either look for foods high in that or try a supplement to see if it works for you :)

I'llbe looking into those, thanks. I usually try to get all the nutritionI need frol the food I ingest, I'm not a big fan of taking vitamins or supplements if you can just eat more consciously. But my magnesium supplements have been a lifesaver so I'll def look into what I eat and what's in there in terms of the building bricks you mentioned. I'm sure I'm good regarding vitmin C, my veg/fruit intake is pretty staggeringly high ;)

I also try to get my nutrition through food, but I have the supplements on hand for times when a "super-dose" may be useful in order to help my immune system to kick whatever I'm dealing with to the curb... I have mushroom based supplements for the first sign of a cold and I rarely get colds ... I keep Airborne Chewables with me when I travel because then I can pop one when the guy beside me in the plane starts hacking and coughing ... and B vitamins can be a good back-up for when energy levels need a little help. I don't have anything that is non-food-based that I take every day ... but having supplements that I know help me when my body is under more stress is what I believe keeps me from having nowhere near as many sick days as those around me ...

I guess I just have this idea about those A to Zink vitamins which are practically entirely useless but looking at supplements at an individual, personalised level qeems like a very good idea. After all, I'm very happy with my magnesium supplements because they were sth I needed.