• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

My bf came out negative but I was a virgin

Nal

Hi all. My bf just got back his results and his values are 60.9for herpes type 1 and 0.60 for type 2. Should I phone my doctor because I haven't seen my results, he just said I was exposed to the virus.

What do I do? He's not answering me. I'm scared he thinks I lied about being a virgin.

Maybr I got it from going down on that 1 guy once 3 years ago? I did get a weird flu after that.

I'm freaking out a little.

If that wasn't a typo, he has HSV 1, but where we don't know, unless he has an OB. I have to wonder if it was a new infection for him too, as his value for hs. 2 isn't very low. .90 technically is a positive value. I went back and read your first post and your doc made the assumption it was HSV 2, but you can't tell that bases on a physical assessment. Did you ever see your paperwork to see what you have? You very well could have got HSV 1 from him through oral sex.

Has it been over 4 months since his last activity? If you got it from going down on that guy, you wouldn't have blisters down below now. Maybe it isn't herpes at all, it can be easily misdiagnosed. Another spanner in the works.. in my limited experience, I don't much trust the UK/euro tests. The doctor here also suggested my giver was negative, but she has it for sure. Swabs all the way.

Well, the problem is your Dr initially *assumed* you have Genital HSV2 ... but fact of the matter is over 50% of new genital infections are HSV1 (usually) from oral sex, but with so many carrying it genitally, you *could* get it from genital sex too. So if you are 4+ months post infection, YOU need to get a blood test. I'm willing to bet your HSV1 count will be positive.

and @Sill88 is right - there ARE other things it could be. Without a swab or blood test, a visual "diagnosis" is useless...so go in and insist on a blood test to get clarity of what is going on.