• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Help, Oral Herpes Question...again

I've been getting little cuts in my mouth for about two weeks now. One here, one there, it would heal in a day. Then, as posted previously posted, I got a bump on my lip. No prodrome, no blisters, just a bump. A literal bump. I posted a discussion about it and everyone said it was probably nothing so I chalked it up to my lips being chapped and it healing. Then I get a cut on my tongue. Its been here for a day, healing. But now, yesterday morning, I woke up with a weird taste in my mouth along a piece of my gum line. I ran my tongue across it, didn't hurt. It was fine. I looked in the mirror today and it *looks* like its healing. Its mostly a white patch with a red part in the middle that runs into my gum line. Feels rough, doesn't hurt. Don't know its even there until I touch it. Could it be HSV1? I started googling (bad idea, I know) and saw intraoral herpes. Kinda looks like what I have but not really. I go to the doctor tomorrow but I'm scared it'll heal before I can get a swab.

(Its confirmed via culture swab I have HSV2 BUT my blood work came back negative for both, infection too early. The guy I got it from, HSV2. I gave him unprotected oral sex a week after the encounter that I'm 95% sure gave me the virus. I don't want to have HSV1 and not know it because that is much easier to spread, something I do not want to do. )

In your blood, did they test you for HSV 1 as well? There's a chance you may have to wait till you hit a minimum 3 months, to get your blood drawn.

When I was first infected w oral HSV 1, I didn't breakout on the outaide of my mouth at all. I broke out BAD inside my mouth. I had ulcers on my tongue and all on my cheeks. I remember I had one the size of a quarter on my cheek that my teeth kept rubbing on and it hurt so freaking bad. I also got very worn down and tired, like I did w HSV 2, but not as extreme as my HSV 2 infection.

What does the bump in your lip look like now? Can you show me a pic of the other things going on, like the cuts?

The bump went down. Barely here anymore. Never amounted to anything. The cuts in my mouth are fully healed now so I can't get a picture now but it wasn't like you said yours was so again, I think I'm overthinking everything. I keep thinking I contracted HIV along w herpes so I'm looking at every little thing that happens to me

Well, the bump *could* be the HSV2 .... I sometimes get them that way... are you getting a lot of exposure to sun? That can flare oral H up. Also certain foods will blow up oral H too. And you may never know....

But I'm thinking you may have a yeast infection/thrush issue. Get some REAL yogurt (preferably locally produced with live cultures) and then take few bites several times a day. If it clears right up, that's your issue :)

If not, at least your guts will be happier :)