• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

not o.k. I'm feeling more down than ever.

Hello:) I think the last time I was on here I was browsing through the discussions but not really reading anything.... Let me give an update. So, aside from finding out I have herpes and having a daughter born with a cleft lip and palate; and several other issues, I now have to worry that she may be showing signs of eye herpes.:'( I haven't really gotten on here because my daughters medical condition has been exhausting. I barely get any sleep, I'm not eating the way I should because cooking is too time consuming, I rarely workout or even have time to study. Madison takes up my entire day despite the fact that she has a nurse at home... She is a 24/7 job. Don't get me wrong, I love being a mom, but I am not taking care of myself the way I should. I hate to say this, but aside from outside help, I get no inside help. I am overly stressed and terrified of having an ob. But at the rate I'm going I might get one. I feel like such an irresponsible parent Even though I know I am trying my best and giving my all. I am emberrassed to as her primary pH. To test her. She was test at 2 days old, but it came back negative...I dunno. She has all the signs of it except the actual sores...I just want to cry. My poor darling has already been through so much and now I feel like she might have to deal with maybe having hsv. I feel shitty and horrible. Can someone please help me out and share some info. I feel like I'll be judged horribly if I tell her pedi.. I just to crawl in a deep dark hole. I hope she doesn't have it... Any info would be much appreciated :( - and, are there any precautions to take as a parent. What are things I can share and can't... I just want to kiss her little baby face, but, I can't... I'm scared.

Lol yeah reading back I probably sound like I'm overreacting, but honestly, I know I am not.. And I have no intention of parading around the internet personal things regarding my daughter if I didn't think it was quite serious. Most people who don't have hsv dismiss it or make it seem like it's no big deal... That is why I am seeking advice here. I have read many things to inform myself and she has most of the signs such as puffiness, irritation, she's been rubbing them like crazy, she has eye boogers and I took her to her primary today, but he assumes it's allergies but isn't sure... I haven't brought up the fact that I have it and I am sick right now and am not having an ob but I didn't even have an on when I was diagnosed... So yes I am overly concerned, I stress to say overly because she's my daughter and I'm concerned for her health and because she was tested at birth and came back negative but can't antibodies appears later? Either way I am not sure whether I should bring it up to him. I am going to see if this medication works but I would like them to do a blood test to get actual results. But just seeking advice from people who actually live with this daily. Especially if you have children, they cling all over you and I know I'm not in tip top shape right now so I am concerned. I don't know how to approach this situation BC it's so rocky BC she has several medical issues that were out of our control and now it seems this now could be something else

I agree with 2legit ... if you have genital herpes, and she got it in her eye at birth, it would have been pretty obvious pretty quickly. Newborns can't deal at all with the virus. It's not likely to sit in her eye for 5 months and then show up. And you can't pass it to her now unless she's in an area where she doesn't belong :)

Sure - get her re-tested if it gives you peace. My daughters were auto-tested again at 6 months ... just to be sure. And *IF* she got it there somehow, it's VERY normal in kids (usually they have oral herpes and, being kids, they pick the sore on the mouth then poke their eyes and pass it there) and there are special drops for it.

But I'm putting bets on it being conjunctivitis or allergies.

And btw.... (((HUGS))) ... sorry you have so much on your plate. But there's so much they can do for your daughter nowadays. Don't beat yourself up about all this. Just love her and do what you can to take care of yourself. The rest will work itself out :)