• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

so over it

Ugh I just have to release a little stress lol I hate that you can't diagnose yourself if you have herpes or not it sucks that you have to wait the 4 months to confirm that you have this stupid virus and how easy it can spread even when you do use protection this is gonna be the end of me they should have a cure already its just annoying ok I am.done lol

@Bambina3 I actually already did the blood work I just have 2 wait 2 weeks to get my results unfortunately but I am hoping I am negative for HSV 2 cuz I already know I have HSV 1 but idk if its spread genitally

If you already have HSV1, it's unlikely (but not impossible) that you got it genitally because you already have the antibodies to the virus.

So why did you get tested?

And the reason it takes 4 months is that you need to build up the antibodies in order to have enough to show in a culture. But swabs give faster results if you happen to have an active outbreak....

@Bambina3 thank you dear

@WCSDancer2010 I got tested because I keep getting horrible yeast infections and BV I've been having them for a year now back to back and they all started happening when I started having sex with my ex (which I had been abstinence for over year before that) but at the same time during that time I douche and that when I started really getting them bad and I've been to the Dr multiple times and they cant find anything else but at the same time I ain't super positive because we always use protection (which I know you could still get HSV 2 even while using protection) and also I have never gotten a outbreak I have got 2 pimple like bumps but they had hairs in it so I was thinking they were ingrown hair so I didn't get them tested but I am hoping and praying there is another reason for my yeast infections but its been 6 months since my last actual sexual encounter so I am hoping to finally seal the deal and get the results I am hoping to get maybe I'll get some relief

Well in the absence of verifiable symptoms (ie, the typical Herpatic blisters/"papercut" sores) if the result is under 3.5, then you may have a false positive.... so come back here with your results.

Have they looked into the possibility of you being either allergic to the the condoms/lubes/or even the BF's fluids?

Also, douching can throw your system off. I'd stop them, and start taking a probiotic ... if you are getting yeast infections that easily it means your system is out of balance.

There's a ton of things that can be causing yeast type issues.... this link may help you to start looking at other causes, including Leaky Gut and diet issues:

http://www.nationalcandidacenter.com/Vaginal-Yeast-Infection-s/1832.htm

@WCSDancer2010 I get my results in about 2 weeks so hopefully I'll have my answer by then

I might be allergic to the latex condoms not sure though

Yes I only used it once and after that one time I stopped using them they were too much trouble and yes I heard they are bad for you after I tried it

Thank you for the link I'll look into it maybe I'll find my answer there

@WCSDancer 2010 so I got my results and I am still negative my results were .62 for hsv 2 and of course positive for hsv 1 which I already knew I've had it since I was younger do you think it was good checking at 5 months after exposure or should I take the Western blot just to be on the safe side or do you think its for sure negative?,