• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

I quit Acyclovir.

I quit taking the strong dose my doctor told me to go on of 1.6g per day because it was actually making me extremely ill and fragile/weak. It nearly sucked the life out of me. Now the itching has come back and I don't know if my skin is raised and just looks like a mild outbreak because of the trauma, or if it is a mild one. I'm now on 3000mg daily of lysine which seems like a lot but I hope it works, and on probiotics that to be honest I don't feel are working at all. I need an all natural treatment but I don't want to waste my money on something that simply won't work or isn't strong enough without severely compromising my life entirely. I've heard of cats claw and I also haven't tried olive leaf extract because I'm afraid that it'll make my condition worse before it makes it better.. not to mention I am on disability and have limited funds. My cat almost died Wednesday night and I had to pay roughly $1000 to save his life and that took what little emotional energy I had left after this diagnosis away. I want to be physical with my beautiful boyfriend and I don't want something as silly as having auto immunity stand in the way forever. So any all natural products would be great that don't trigger asthma or bad liver activity.. oh and that are heart safe.. but I also have to ask.. Has anybody else had sleep paralysis from high doses of antivirals? I did and that was quite the experience. Not to mention I had major panic attacks for the last two nights and couldn't fall asleep. It's been hell and I just want some kind of relief. I don't have the luxury of waiting 7 to 10 days after an outbreak before engaging in sex because I'm lucky I have that long before another comes on. I am really suffering and so is my relationship. I cry literally every single day.. and I just want it all to stop or calm down without poisoning myself.. I really do. I even let the hair grow out but I feel like it's making it worse but shaving also does.. It's like no matter what I do it's never good enough for this or anything else in my life..

Not quite sure what to suggest here, but you might want to get on an anti anxiety med so you can calm down. Stress is a definite contributor for ob's. Once you get your stress level under control, try using condoms to prevent transmission. Assuming he knows your status and has accepted it, condoms play a large roll in prevention when you are ob free. Also, you can try a different anti viral. I couldn't tolerate valtrex, but acyclovir works great for me.

I've tried every kind of antiviral but they all drain the life out of me, not to mention being on disability doesn't entirely cover the insane price of the medication and it's expensive as you all know. The only thing that works for my anxiety are benzos but thanks to people abusing them i can't even get then prescribed at all. I do use condoms but i haven't had much of a break between outbreaks for sexual encounters to be a reality with him. Not to mention condoms hurt like hell. This is all shit I've been told before, and while I appreciate somebody responding instead of just reading it and letting it fall down the list, I asked for all natural ways to fix this.. and what's worked for them, and the side effects. All I wanted to do was have a conversation about all of this and I can't even get one going on a website with thousands of people who probably do know how to help. It just sucks, man.. because autoimmune conditions are always going to get in my way now where as before they were at least somewhat manageable. My last attempt is therapy but I have serious jaw surgery on March 5th and won't be able to even speak. Definitely can't swallow an antiviral then but i can mix all natural supplements in warm water and squirt it into my mouth with one of those giant plastic syringes. It seems like everything is hitting the fan in my life all at once. Seems I have to make very big decisions soon. I'm okay with that so long as they're the right ones.

I was approved for financial compensation after witnessing my best friends murder that led me down the path of extreme crippling depression and they wanted me to file another claim for the sexual assault that led me down the path to herpes, but I couldn't make it stick because the cops here are bullshit and basically made me feel like I was making it up. It would be more humility than j ever needed. I get it... we all make risky decisions and we all make mistakes but my diagnosis wasn't supposed to happen. My choice to stay or leave wasn't a choice at all. It was taken from me. It's not as simple as taking an anxiety med because if it were i wouldn't be on the forums at all complaining or begging for help because I'm at this point entirely suicidal. That's why it hurts when I'm told to do something that I already knew about because it's page one in the diagnosis manual of herpes and using condoms is a no brainer anyway, but because it wasn't even remotely what I asked which makes me feel so unimportant that it wasn't even read. So I'll do my own research and probably won't be posting anymore.. to save myself more humility down the road. And anyone who thinks I'm too sensitive or anything else negative I welcome to take a walk in my shoes for just one day.. because I can just barely do it and I've been doing it my whole life. I'm exhausted from life and the tremendous loss I've suffered.. I just want to sleep and never wake up.

I second the advice of taking drugs to help with anxiety. And not depression drugs. So I'm taking propranolol which doesn't touch your hormones but reduces the side effects of anxiety, such as fast heart beat and "pacing around" so much, at least for me.

When I found out I was positive for this, I was somewhat in your shoes where I needed someone to talk to, anyone. Talked to my doctor, the nurse, who was EXTREMELY supportive when I was told I was positive for HSV2 and even confessed that she has it too....she didn't have to do that but that right there made me feel that I wasn't alone. I know I'm not alone but forums are just words on a website and doesn't have the human touch that you may need.

I did find that calling a depression hotline helped me as well. Even started seeing a counselor (all of this in the span of 3 days mind you). I have to ask, are you a smoker or drinker? Anything that you're doing to your body that is harming it is causing more stress to occur and can actually cause more frequent outbreaks, from what I read at least. You have someone who is with you and hopefully he supports you during this. Unfortunately for me, I had a hard time finding a bf or even a date before this encounter, and now I'm going to have an even harder time to find someone lol.

Granted this is a forum of thousands but likely only a handful are active. I understand you are asking for natural remedies. Usually those involved in alternative therapies are happy to share their methods so maybe they just aren't here. Perhaps you could find a website that is specifically for naturopathic treatments or find a naturopathic doctor. A Google search yielded the following link for me: https://draxe.com/how-to-get-rid-of-herpes/. So maybe you'll need to search around a bit to find what you're looking for. Also there are other ways you could be intimate with your partner. One person said she has her partner use a vibrator over her panties while she gives him hand jobs. You could also perform oral on him.

I'm really sorry you are going through so much. It truly sounds like you've been dealt an unfair hand in life. I can tell you are frustrated and feel you aren't receiving be the support you need from this forum. I know you said you won't be able to talk but maybe some kind of online therapy forum would be useful to help you process the emotional load you are carrying.

Best of luck to you.