• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

How can a f*ckboy deal with not being able to get “any girl” anymore?

Long story short, I’m a 20something girl, and a guy the same age, who’s very close to me, caught herpes. I want to help him all possible ways. All his life he wanted to date non-stop, he’s been collecting girl’s snapchat names for years, but he only recently started to actually date, he finally doesn’t work night shifts so his dating life only recently set off full speed. However, the virus makes the random hookups borderline impossible. There is no “Oh hey, hottie over there! Let’s get away to a quieter place, hmmm?” anymore. He feels that he lost all his charisma and been depressed since the diagnosis. He says all his energy and attractiveness is gone forever. He would consider suicide if it wasn’t for his family and for the possibility of a new medicine being discovered. How the f*ck can I help him, I’m desperate...

• 2 months later...

One thing your friend might consider is checking out a dating site for people that are HSV positive. It might be a good way to get back in the game without having to worry about the stressful act of disclosure. Once he gets back into the swing of things, he might find that he can still enjoy casual sex even if he has to disclose. A lot of people do. But it might take some time to kind of reconfigure himself in the short term. Suicide is definitely a stupid idea when a cure could be ten years away.