• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Month itch after 3 yrs dx/bf waiting on sex/ support group

Hey community,

I'm wondering if you've ever experienced anything similar?  I'm 3 years into my dx and just started dating a nice HSV- guy.  For a month I've had this weird itch/pain that feels very different from an outbreak and there's a little bump, but I can't tell if it's an outbreak or not, and it's in a different spot than usual.  I've been withholding sex for a month thinking it will go away but it hasn't.  I wonder if it's (TMI) a cut from grooming or whatnot.  It takes ages to get a gyno appt in NYC and I'm scared he's going to leave me from having to wait so long.  Every day feels like a year.  What would you do?

Also does anyone know of support groups in NYC?