• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Questions about lesions

I have a few questions about lesions and I hope somebody can answer them.

Do lesions ways fill with fluid and then scab over? Or can it be different, like can they start to form and then go away before they burst?

Are they always painfull or can they be painless?

Can they ever be very small, like the size of a pin point? Or are they very recognizable 

Will lesions always be where you experience pain, or burning, or general prodrome symptoms, or can they appear anywhere even where the pain is not?

Do they always form in the exact same spot, or the same area?

How long do they take to form, and how long to go away?

Hey @nephpo!

There is a range of how herpes outbreaks can present. They tend to be blisters, but also can show up as what can look like paper cuts. (You can search our forums for paper cut herpes.)

The pain can range, depending on how early on your infection is, where the outbreak is on your body, and your tolerance to pain.

Herpes outbreaks do tend to show up in the same spot or general region (within a few inches), but they can also show up in different areas (but is more rare). 

Usually, the whole process from beginning to end will be 1-2 weeks (on average). 

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources:

I’m curious... does anyone put anything to help lesions heal faster? Going through my initial outbreak right now and there’s a massive cut like one that hurts sooo bad! I’ve read things like tea tree oil and stuff! I just want it to close up so I can walk and sit normally 😞 

I have some questions about cold sores I hope somebody can answer quickly, cause I'm freaking out a bit.

Do cold sores on the lip always have pain or burning or tingling sensation before they start?

If there is burning or other sensations does the feeling persist the whole time the cold sore is forming or just for a little while and then stop? 

How quickly do they form? And how noticeable is it when they start to form?

Can cold sores form even as far as 1 month after exposure?

Do people get headaches and pain behind their eyes before they start to form? Or is that just when you initially come into contact with the virus?

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/5/2018 at 7:22 PM, nephpo said:

I have some questions about cold sores I hope somebody can answer quickly, cause I'm freaking out a bit.

Do cold sores on the lip always have pain or burning or tingling sensation before they start?

If there is burning or other sensations does the feeling persist the whole time the cold sore is forming or just for a little while and then stop? 

How quickly do they form? And how noticeable is it when they start to form?

Can cold sores form even as far as 1 month after exposure?

Do people get headaches and pain behind their eyes before they start to form? Or is that just when you initially come into contact with the virus?

My last ob I had Headaches 

On 8/5/2018 at 9:45 AM, nephpo said:

I have a few questions about lesions and I hope somebody can answer them.

Do lesions ways fill with fluid and then scab over? Or can it be different, like can they start to form and then go away before they burst?

Are they always painfull or can they be painless?

Can they ever be very small, like the size of a pin point? Or are they very recognizable 

Will lesions always be where you experience pain, or burning, or general prodrome symptoms, or can they appear anywhere even where the pain is not?

Do they always form in the exact same spot, or the same area?

How long do they take to form, and how long to go away?

Hey. I just had my first outbreak and maybe symptoms vary depending on the strain but mine did not scab over. They showed up like 3 bumps, about an inch away from eachother and then disappeared after 2-3 days. They were painless until wiping them (sorry for the TMI, they were on my anus) and then they just stung for 10 seconds and that was it. My whole experience was like 1 week and that was my initial OB when apparently it usually lasts for 2-3 weeks...so everyone is different. Im still having some soreness in my lower back bone but aside from that, nothing. Hope this helps!