• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Quantity of virus does always increase?

Hello, I am diagnosed with Hsv2 (although with low values I think), and since the first ob that consisted in tiny blisters all over glans, I didn't have a second one. BUT... I have, sometimes more and sometimes less visible, tiny bumps all over glans (imagine sort of little goose bumps). I don't even know if this is H related, rarely had tingling and never hurted, but surely I never had a condition like this prior the infection.

My question is: if you are infected with "low" amount of Hsv virus, will it inevitably grow and multiply? Or if your immune system is "normal" it can keep it more or less at the initial quantity? I ask this 'cause I feel I was lucky in the unluck (touching wood!) in getting a mild type of it that is not very good to look at but at least is not painful.

Thanks!

Hey @MarsAttack and welcome!

That's an unfortunate misunderstanding that comes with herpes test values. Low values don't mean you have "less" of an infection when it comes to future outbreaks. It's more black and white than that: You either have herpes or you don't. 😉 Now, depending on people's immune systems, health, age, stress levels and a host of other factors, herpes outbreaks show up differently for different folks (some people end up never even having an actual outbreak, but are still carriers and shed virus asymptomatically). 

As far as the goosebumps presentation, it's hard to say without a doc looking at it (and ideally swabbing it if there's enough there to get a culture) to get a definitive diagnosis of it being an outbreak. Has a doctor seen it? 

• Like 1

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources:

3 hours ago, mr_hopp said:

Hey @MarsAttack and welcome!

That's an unfortunate misunderstanding that comes with herpes test values. Low values don't mean you have "less" of an infection when it comes to future outbreaks. It's more black and white than that: You either have herpes or you don't. 😉 Now, depending on people's immune systems, health, age, stress levels and a host of other factors, herpes outbreaks show up differently for different folks (some people end up never even having an actual outbreak, but are still carriers and shed virus asymptomatically). 

As far as the goosebumps presentation, it's hard to say without a doc looking at it (and ideally swabbing it if there's enough there to get a culture) to get a definitive diagnosis of it being an outbreak. Has a doctor seen it? 

Yes, I think they are more visible now, but few weeks ago a dermatologist looked at it (with lens and light) and found nothing (it of course was not... erect or semi-erect that makes them more visible).

Looking at pics he wasn't able to say if was H or not... and many online told they look like "normal" inflamed glands. I am sure those are tiny blisters of infection. I only need a better dermatologist.

And yes, my fear is that I am constantly shedding even if have minor or not visibile signs.

(Can I link pictures of an external website here or post pics?)

No, sorry, no genital-area pics allowed. Perhaps go to the health clinic and be seen by a doc? Ask to be swabbed if there’s enough there to swab. It’s going to be your best bet to get a definitive diagnosis. 

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources: