• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Please help! The waiting game sucks...

It’s been just over 3 weeks since I was exposed to someone that has the HSV2 virus. He didn’t find out until after our weekend together. We were fooling around, didn’t have sex, but lots of naked touching. I’ve been watching, waiting. Day 23 and I have little tiny bumps near my vaginal opening that are white. Went to my OB this AM and she said it looked pretty suspicious, when I showed her the photo, but when she examined, she said she wasn’t sure. That she didn’t know what it was and the only thing to do is swab. She said it was clustered, but the sores are so tiny, that it’s not presenting like it normally would. I don’t know if I should be hopeful from this, that it wasn’t a confirmed yes right off the bat, or just accept the probability of the situation and start moving on. She said she normally would prescribe something, if she was concerned, and she doesn’t feel at this time she needs to. I find out in a few days, what the cultures are, but at this point, my bits are sore, and I’m stressed to the max. Any advice, or comfort, is welcome. 

5 minutes ago, MissGuided said:

Thank you for replying! I really appreciate even just hearing from someone! I’m trying my best to not worry, but I have bad anxiety as it is, and just, with how things look, something is going on. Guess I will find out in a couple of days. 

I also have anxiety and depression (before this). I am also type A and a germaphobe so it's not been easy on me. My son's father gave it to me knowingly. My son and I no longer have anything to do with him. As far as I am concerned he sexually assaulted me. I have been going through it but I am seeing a therapist and quite a few doctors to make sure I keep myself as healthy as possible. If you receive a positive diagnosis - message me anytime. I keep in contact with one woman on here via direct message and we keep each other sane.

16 minutes ago, Strength123 said:

Hello @MissGuided

I actually had a similar situation, when faced with the possibility of herpes, I was so stressed out and started getting tiny white pumps down there. My doctor said it was from shaving and stress. Crossing my fingers that you don't H but if you do, we are all here for you. 

Warmly,

Strength123

I wish it was from shaving, but I haven’t shaved since I was exposed 3 weeks ago, and idk... you kind of just know. I feel like she should of started me on something today, but I’m trying to give her the benefit of the doubt and hang onto hope. 

Hello @MissGuided

I am so sorry to hear you are having a rough time! We have all been there, just know everyone here is very supportive and willing to be a shoulder to lean on! Seeing as your OB has not prescribed you any form of medication might mean she doesn’t think you have the H. Although everyone’s different with their outbreaks (my first putting me in the hospital, which was no fun), yours may have not been that severe for a prescription to be required (if that was even it at all). The bumps can be from any numerous things (allergies, bumps from shaving leaving open cuts for bacteria to come in, irritation in general). I would say keep optimistic until the swab comes back, mine took about 2-3 days for the OB to call. 

Until then, hold onto to hope! Remember, we are all here to help!

Best of luck!

• Thanks 1

Hi MissGuided

Really sorry to hear about your worries!

I know it is natural to worry & stress over your situation but try & stay calm & positive until you get your results,
it could be many things as others have already said.
Hopefully your test will come back negative, were all be crossing our fingers for you.

It is good to know that in a world full of people hellbent on being unkind, cruel  & hurtful to others,
there are also some kind, beautiful caring people, as above & many more on this site.
So come here for support anytime, because your in a great place!

Wishing you all the best & Good Luck

• Like 1