• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

I have been married for 7 years and have been with my husband for 16 years.  The doctor just confirmed I have HSV1 but in my genital area? I haven’t slept, I told my husband and immediately felt the disgust.  My happy life has been flipped upside down in a span of a week. We are going to meet just us two in about an hour and I have this dreaded feeling that it’s over!  He has no cold sore or ever has had a cold sore so I can only imagine where his thoughts take him because mine are everywhere.  Besides him this forum is my only space of release.  Please send a prayer out for me and my family. We have a 24 year old,  13 yr old, 15 year old and a grandbaby. 

I feel so helpless! I feel contagious!  Literally crying at work.

He needs to get tested because he in all likelihood gave it to you. It doesn’t matter if he’s never had a symptom — lots of people don’t. There is no reason to end a marriage over something as tiny as hsv-1, which 65% of people have. Don’t accept his disgust. Praying for you. 

• Like 2

Sorry to hear of your situation.

I have had my first OB this month since I contracted 11 years ago. It was only pure chance that I got diagnosed and for ages I was annoyed that I had been diagnosed but had no symptoms so thought I could've happily gone on being oblivious like so many.

I said to my hubby "isn't it good that I was diagnosed because you might be suspicious when I suddenly have an OB 10 years in to our marriage?" He disagreed and said that he trusted me. He has been learnt a lot about herpes from me including that his cold sores are also herpes!

Make him go to the doctor with you so you learn about it together.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Avalon1 said:

He needs to get tested because he in all likelihood gave it to you. It doesn’t matter if he’s never had a symptom — lots of people don’t. There is no reason to end a marriage over something as tiny as hsv-1, which 65% of people have. Don’t accept his disgust. Praying for you. 

Exactly, it's so incidental! And it's not disgusting, it's just a skin condition!

• Like 1

Thank you! It was the total opposite of what I expected.  He told me he is here for me and just asked that I let him know when I feel an ob coming on.   Thank GOD and thank you for your prayers.  This forum is everything right now.   I don’t know any of you personally but feel such a positive connection with all of you.

• Like 1