• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

What vitamins should I be on?

I have purchased Herdox. I just wanted something natural. It's a blend specifically for herpes and I'm glad it has the clear shell and powder inside, makes me feel like it will be well absorbed. Also Mediterranean oregano oil.  I made a salve and I've just been rubbing it into my spine. 

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Redfaith417 said:

I have purchased Herdox. I just wanted something natural. It's a blend specifically for herpes and I'm glad it has the clear shell and powder inside, makes me feel like it will be well absorbed. Also Mediterranean oregano oil.  I made a salve and I've just been rubbing it into my spine. 

What do u used to make your salve with the oregano oil? I take 1000 mg lysine and 1000 mg of vitamins c , take 50 mg of zinc and vitamin E and B 12, and doctor gave me prescription for folic acid that they give to ppl when they find out they have Herpes and it also works for HPV I heard. 

I’m taking 4,000 mg of lyseine during outbreaks, and 1500 mg of lyseine when I’m not having an outbreak. I’m taking an oregano capsule with some other  essential oils, a multivitamin, liquid b12 15,000 mg a day, liquid d3-20,000 IU a day but I’m deficient, 4000 mg of Vitamin C powder, fish oil, astralagus tincture, and tumeric tincture, and a probiotic. 

5 hours ago, Elle27 said:

I’m taking 4,000 mg of lyseine during outbreaks, and 1500 mg of lyseine when I’m not having an outbreak. I’m taking an oregano capsule with some other  essential oils, a multivitamin, liquid b12 15,000 mg a day, liquid d3-20,000 IU a day but I’m deficient, 4000 mg of Vitamin C powder, fish oil, astralagus tincture, and tumeric tincture, and a probiotic. 

How is that working for you? I was going to get some oregano pills.. I heard they are antiviral so it could help. Is the liquid vitamins better? 

It’s trial and error to see what works best for you. You could get your vitamin D levels checked otherwise start somewhere around 3000 IU( it may even be in a multivitamin) liquids are going to be absorbed faster and more efficiently into the body because you don’t have to break down a capsule. You have to try and see what works for you. At this point I’m trying everything and hope to wean off some things and some point to see what excactlg is working. You could implement one thing at a time and see how it works for you. I had a integrative physicians assistant direct me on my supplements and amounts. 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Elle27 said:

It’s trial and error to see what works best for you. You could get your vitamin D levels checked otherwise start somewhere around 3000 IU( it may even be in a multivitamin) liquids are going to be absorbed faster and more efficiently into the body because you don’t have to break down a capsule. You have to try and see what works for you. At this point I’m trying everything and hope to wean off some things and some point to see what excactlg is working. You could implement one thing at a time and see how it works for you. I had a integrative physicians assistant direct me on my supplements and amounts. 

Thank you 

• Like 1
21 hours ago, Elle27 said:

Are you in suppressive therapy too?

4 hours ago, Michgirl73 said:

Are you in suppressive therapy too?

I did 10 days of acyclovir 4x/day at 200 mg and then when my outbreak was lasting more than 4 weeks I did another 7 days of acyclovir 200 mg 5x/day. I’m not currently taking any long term, I was just diagnosed 9/11 so I’m trying to gauge how my body is handling the virus. My boyfriend has hsv2 and I most likely got it from him unknowingly so there isn’t a reason to take it to protect him. If my outbreaks are frequent I may consider it in the future but I’m hoping they are manageable without suppressive therapy.

1 hour ago, Elle27 said:

I did 10 days of acyclovir 4x/day at 200 mg and then when my outbreak was lasting more than 4 weeks I did another 7 days of acyclovir 200 mg 5x/day. I’m not currently taking any long term, I was just diagnosed 9/11 so I’m trying to gauge how my body is handling the virus. My boyfriend has hsv2 and I most likely got it from him unknowingly so there isn’t a reason to take it to protect him. If my outbreaks are frequent I may consider it in the future but I’m hoping they are manageable without suppressive therapy.

Ok.. just wondering to see if I want to continue wit my suppressive therapy. I have Ghsv1 .. just wondering if the side effects are causing me to feel crappy now being on a t since August 1st.

Everyone reacts differently, could also just be your body getting a grip on the virus. Worst case scenario you stop meds for a bit to see how your body handles it, and maybe you have an outbreak.. could be your body adjusting to meds. Also trial and error. I want to see it’s my outbreaks are frequent enough to warrant me feeling like I should be on suppressive therapy. I just don’t care for prescription meds in general so if it’s not necessary I prefer not to be on it. If I continue to have frequent outbreaks and it interferes with quality of life I’d consider going back on it. I have hsv2 orally and genitally.