• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Herpes dating sites

Hey everyone, I was wondering if anyone ever used herpes dating sites. Also if u have I noticed that Hsv1 .. there is not many singles listed with this and I was wondering if it’s because it’s so common. Does anyone else with Hsv1 notice this or Hsv2 because it seems like there are more of Hsv2 in there then anything, just wonder if anyone else noticed. Thanks for your time, looking for to any feedback. 

20 minutes ago, Notgoingthere said:

So HSV-1 is actually harder and more rare then HSV-2... I use H-positive and positive singles, but they suck so much! It’s actually painful how much they suck. They also want a large amount of money per month to even message people. 

It’s my understanding it’s the other way around Hsv1 is actually oral herpes but I got it gentially. It’s my understanding that 80% of the population has it verses .Hsv2 which normally your genial herpes. 

People are less bothered and less judgement about hsv1 on your lip because most adults got it when they were younger so in adult life it is rare to see many people with a cold sore and when they do its usually just one a year.

With hsv2 its different as it effects your sex life. Who wants to get with me for example who out of 10 months of someone knowing they had it and didn't tell me I have only had less than 2 months of not having a breakout so thats enough to ruin any intimacy in a relationship.

I tried yesterday signing up to a herpes dating site and it was horrible and made me feel shitty doing it as it made me feel like I am broken goods being pushed out from the rest of the world who can go on freely in and out of relationships with not having this. Most people never put a photo up as they were to embarressed including me and if not haviny an incurable std wasn't enough they then charge you to actually message people so I deleted it and will never bother going on it again.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
47 minutes ago, Anonymous88 said:

People are less bothered and less judgement about hsv1 on your lip because most adults got it when they were younger so in adult life it is rare to see many people with a cold sore and when they do its usually just one a year.

With hsv2 its different as it effects your sex life. Who wants to get with me for example who out of 10 months of someone knowing they had it and didn't tell me I have only had less than 2 months of not having a breakout so thats enough to ruin any intimacy in a relationship.

I tried yesterday signing up to a herpes dating site and it was horrible and made me feel shitty doing it as it made me feel like I am broken goods being pushed out from the rest of the world who can go on freely in and out of relationships with not having this. Most people never put a photo up as they were to embarressed including me and if not haviny an incurable std wasn't enough they then charge you to actually message people so I deleted it and will never bother going on it again.

I know what you mean, I have Ghsv1 and I figured that there would be more ppl with my same condition as there is more higher rate of Ghsv1 then Hsv2.. but there wasn’t harderly at all. Plus half the ppl on there don’t know what type they have, I find disturbing. Maybe they know and they are scared to say too. But by the time u get my age 90% of ppl that is 50 or older have contracted it. I was so dumb when it came to understanding herpes before I contracted it, I had no idea. 

I wouldn't say you were dumb at all,just no one educates you about it. I had no idea about it either and now I have it and having to deal with it on a daily basis as my outbreaks are constant and having to take 3 tablets each day at the exact time is now what I have to deal with daily so there just is no break from it.

Do you not live in the uk? Only reason I ask is they don't tell you exactly which one genitally it is whether it be hsv1 or hsv2 and just say well if its the waist down they just class it is hsv2. I heard apparently that if you have ghsv1 then your outbreaks arn't so bad which I wish that is what I had as mine are constant I am guessing mine is just hsv2. Tablets have helped the pain as I only deal with a burning sensation and itchiness with each new outbreak but it is the fact that it won't give me a break.

Like you have realised very little people talk about it where as I have been open to people I trust as I find talking about it really helps me to vent. I am just angry inside when I think back to the guy who knowingly transferred it to me as I never had the choice and that is so hard to deal with.

I got this over 4 months before I turned 30 so really my prime time of intimacy and a relationship is not gonna happen for as long as these outbreaks continue and that is also hard to deal with

• Sad 1

My opinion is I think with this condition you really have to see what it really is and be ok with it in your own mind this took me time. This won’t kill anyone. 

But we all have so much to offer why restrict it to a small pool of people.

Talk to someone, get to know them, if you really like them tell them if they run a mile well would you want to grow old with them erm nope. 

• Like 2

i have used Positive Singles and yes the site and app do SUCK. But I have met several really nice guys on there, actually ending up being in a relationship with one. I had my pictures posted. If you dont post pics, I would think that dramatically affects your success rate. I also think where you live is also a factor. I live in Philly so being that it's a major metro (and close to NYC), there are prolly more options than if I lived in Omaha (no offense to my Omaha peeps!)

I have also used non-H sites like POF, match and e-Harmony. The guy I am currently dating I met on POF.

• Thanks 1
7 hours ago, Anonymous88 said:

I wouldn't say you were dumb at all,just no one educates you about it. I had no idea about it either and now I have it and having to deal with it on a daily basis as my outbreaks are constant and having to take 3 tablets each day at the exact time is now what I have to deal with daily so there just is no break from it.

Do you not live in the uk? Only reason I ask is they don't tell you exactly which one genitally it is whether it be hsv1 or hsv2 and just say well if its the waist down they just class it is hsv2. I heard apparently that if you have ghsv1 then your outbreaks arn't so bad which I wish that is what I had as mine are constant I am guessing mine is just hsv2. Tablets have helped the pain as I only deal with a burning sensation and itchiness with each new outbreak but it is the fact that it won't give me a break.

Like you have realised very little people talk about it where as I have been open to people I trust as I find talking about it really helps me to vent. I am just angry inside when I think back to the guy who knowingly transferred it to me as I never had the choice and that is so hard to deal with.

I got this over 4 months before I turned 30 so really my prime time of intimacy and a relationship is not gonna happen for as long as these outbreaks continue and that is also hard to deal with

I’m from the States.. I have Ghsv1 it’s been pretty manageable so far, I took myself off the medication because the side effects are horrible. Yes it sucks that my giver did the same and has no conscious for what he did sadly evil ppl exist. 

20 hours ago, Michgirl73 said:

I’m from the States.. I have Ghsv1 it’s been pretty manageable so far, I took myself off the medication because the side effects are horrible. Yes it sucks that my giver did the same and has no conscious for what he did sadly evil ppl exist. 

He will get what’s coming to him don’t worry calmer is a bitch. It’s a manageable skin condition that is all. It’s statistically a fact that ppl know they have the virus can better protect someone that doesn’t know they are infected most cases of herpes come from ppl that don’t know they have it. Plus all the cool ppl have a std look at Freddie Mercury