• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Nerve Pain and Red Spots

So, I keep having this weird pain, sensation, I can't put into words type feeling, in my thigh area and the front of my pubic area, where all the hair is. Not on to the major labia or anything, just up above. Also, I've had these red pin point dots that come and go, within a few hours or a day, always just in different random spots, never raised, never bothersome, minus knowing they're there. And then, there's been like a red rash that comes and goes as well... I don't get it. I've also noticed as of this morning that a tender spot in my armpit, guessing it's a swollen lymph node... not positive, but pretty sure. It doesn't look like herepes at all, but from what I've googled, basically anything goes when it comes to hsv2. I can't imagine what else this could all amount to, as I've never had these issues before. I test on Monday at post 10 weeks, but lab work thus far has been negative... 

Does any of this sound like herpes to you? Do any of you have symptoms similar?? 

I've been taking Flagyl the past few months, but only on and off, more like once a month since August. I know it says it can make pinpoint like dots and tinging/crawling sensations, but it would be doubtful it would be just in my area down below. 

Any comments would be appreciated, as I could use the conversation of talking some sense into this and talking out it with somebody. I'm not mentally doing too well at the moment, with this constant worrying. 

Personally, this is how it showed up for me. I started having nerve pain (mostly right upper and Lower thigh and occasionally my crotch). I had always had a fear of getting herpes so right away assumed it may be herpes related. I also noticed red pin point dots on the “fatty area” (mons Publis) of my crotch area. They were never painful, never raised or have a yellow/white center, just itchy. My gyno doesn’t believe that these are my outbreaks because they don’t present “classically” and she says they may be from shaving. However, I would get them when not shaving for a few weeks and they were accompanied by a bit of itchiness and slight nerve pain. 

I have HSV1 and perhaps it presents differently than HSV2 would. It’s not the end of the world!

feel better! It’s not a curse 🙂 

i got herpes after only having sex 7 times in my life (not 7 partners) 

3 hours ago, herpnerve said:

Personally, this is how it showed up for me. I started having nerve pain (mostly right upper and Lower thigh and occasionally my crotch). I had always had a fear of getting herpes so right away assumed it may be herpes related. I also noticed red pin point dots on the “fatty area” (mons Publis) of my crotch area. They were never painful, never raised or have a yellow/white center, just itchy. My gyno doesn’t believe that these are my outbreaks because they don’t present “classically” and she says they may be from shaving. However, I would get them when not shaving for a few weeks and they were accompanied by a bit of itchiness and slight nerve pain. 

I have HSV1 and perhaps it presents differently than HSV2 would. It’s not the end of the world!

feel better! It’s not a curse 🙂 

i got herpes after only having sex 7 times in my life (not 7 partners) 

We’re you diagnosed by labwork with hsv1 or a swab? Just curious. 

Yes, random swab was positive (but I was having symptoms as described above and therefore asked them to test me for STDs by swab including herpes) 

i have not done blood because I trust the swab was correct 

I will next get blood tested when I have a new partner which may be a while haha (I was never a sexual person) 

Maybe I'll have them do that then when I go in next. They've been really hesitant to start me on anything or do anything. Actually, my PA at my OBGYN that's been seeing me regularly there and knows everything, told me after my 7.5 week labs were negative, to move on and quit worrying about it. I said, but google says, and she said, we know, but you're fine. I want to believe her so much, too 😞

Hi there,

i had what I think are swollen lymph nodes in my armpit a few days ago and some small red bumps in the upper pubic area which I thought came from shaving. Now I’m wondering if it was an outbreak. Has anyone had any experience with getting swollen lymph nodes in the armpit when it’s not the primary outbreak? My virus shows up in the strangest ways it seems… Thank you for letting me know

On 11/24/2018 at 7:23 AM, MissGuided said:

So, I keep having this weird pain, sensation, I can't put into words type feeling, in my thigh area and the front of my pubic area, where all the hair is. Not on to the major labia or anything, just up above. Also, I've had these red pin point dots that come and go, within a few hours or a day, always just in different random spots, never raised, never bothersome, minus knowing they're there. And then, there's been like a red rash that comes and goes as well... I don't get it. I've also noticed as of this morning that a tender spot in my armpit, guessing it's a swollen lymph node... not positive, but pretty sure. It doesn't look like herepes at all, but from what I've googled, basically anything goes when it comes to hsv2. I can't imagine what else this could all amount to, as I've never had these issues before. I test on Monday at post 10 weeks, but lab work thus far has been negative... 

Does any of this sound like herpes to you? Do any of you have symptoms similar?? 

I've been taking Flagyl the past few months, but only on and off, more like once a month since August. I know it says it can make pinpoint like dots and tinging/crawling sensations, but it would be doubtful it would be just in my area down below. 

Any comments would be appreciated, as I could use the conversation of talking some sense into this and talking out it with somebody. I'm not mentally doing too well at the moment, with this constant worrying. 

Minus the arm pit pain (maybe I did have it and wasn't aware), I have the same red dots you do.

26 minutes ago, blurneworder said:

Minus the arm pit pain (maybe I did have it and wasn't aware), I have the same red dots you do.

Blurne, I don’t want to discredit your worry and anxiety, as I know and completely understand how you feel. But if you’re saying you have the same red spots I do, then possibly, maybe we both have them due to high stress and self induced psychosomatic spots. That almost makes me feel better, considering you’re still testing negative after a very long time. Also, that could say the same thing to you with all the other symptoms you have. I would take the negative labwork and be thrilled. Are you on antidepressants or anything? Anything for anxiety or stress? Maybe if you can calm your nerves in that sense, and quit worrying as much, maybe then the symptoms you’re having might go away? 

I was taking antidepressants last month and after several days I had this weird nerve tingling in my thighs so I quit taking them as it said they could be a side effect, and didn’t know if it was the meds or herpes related. The tingling went away. At the time it didn’t register as well that I was taking flagyl and it could be from that as well. Well, this week I started on flagyl again, and same day the tingling in thighs and groin started again. That’s when it clicked in I was on flagyl the last time I had the tingles. So I stopped taking it and am gonna talk to my doctor about it tomorrow. I try and find logic before panic in my symptoms, but most of the time I just go straight to panic. I test tomorrow for post 10 weeks. Trying to stay calm, as I know it’ll be Wednesday or Thursday before I have results. I’m at a point where i just always expect them to come back positive and am surprised when they’re not risen at all. We will find out what this week has in store for me. I can say this much though, if my nerve pain is related to H, it is SO uncomfortable. It’s been 3 days steady now with no sign of letting up. 

19 hours ago, Acceptance999 said:

Hi there,

i had what I think are swollen lymph nodes in my armpit a few days ago and some small red bumps in the upper pubic area which I thought came from shaving. Now I’m wondering if it was an outbreak. Has anyone had any experience with getting swollen lymph nodes in the armpit when it’s not the primary outbreak? My virus shows up in the strangest ways it seems… Thank you for letting me know

The guy who passed it to me had flu type symptoms and felt achey with headaches during the week before we had sex, he told me he felt better but then after he went to the doctors when I told him the symptoms that I was getting as he still didn't feel 100% and said he had a swollen lymph node in his armpit and the doctor didn't know why and he was given anto biotics. He never admitted that he had genital herpes but it all made sense with the symptoms that he was having and will never hear from him again.

40 minutes ago, blurneworder said:

And also, I know you said you’ve had lesions but can’t get in to the doctors in time before. I would also suggest if you are worried about time frame, that you order a kit or two online for home ice testing and that way the next time something pops up you can swab it yourself in time and find out what it is. That would also give you peace of mind I would think. 

I also have small itchy bumps that are on my top inner thighs and in the middle of the crease but when I went to the clinic she wasn't worried as she said it didn't look like genital herpes and could be just from friction of clothing,shaving..

I was paranoid over them as I made it worse by pouring salt all over me in the bath down there and believe I really made my skin really irratable. She tested for thrush which came back negative and I was 100% sure it wasn't.

I stopped the salt baths and she gave me Olaitum cream to wash down there with and also apply afterwards and although not completely gone it has died down a lot more and looks much better than it did.

I googled that follicitus I think its called can cause a burning itchy feeling or a ingrown hair.

29 minutes ago, MissGuided said:

Blurne, I don’t want to discredit your worry and anxiety, as I know and completely understand how you feel. But if you’re saying you have the same red spots I do, then possibly, maybe we both have them due to high stress and self induced psychosomatic spots. That almost makes me feel better, considering you’re still testing negative after a very long time. Also, that could say the same thing to you with all the other symptoms you have. I would take the negative labwork and be thrilled. Are you on antidepressants or anything? Anything for anxiety or stress? Maybe if you can calm your nerves in that sense, and quit worrying as much, maybe then the symptoms you’re having might go away? 

Even on days when I have no anxiety, I still get pain. I've noticed lately that eating food high in sugar makes my brain fog feel worse. Eating sugar is a known trigger of HSV.

It still makes no sense that my ex-girlfriend and I both had the flu, developed tingling and tiny white bumps on our lips, and both had itching in the genitals. Explain that. . .

I've had far too many symptoms in places where herpes lives to not think I have it. What else causes small cuts on penis, itchy anus and thighs, itchy and dry eyes, white bumps on lips, constant cuts on lips, cuts on side of the mouth, fatigue, brain fog, irregular red skin rash on penis and random spots of body, red itchy bumps in groin, whiteheads in groin, red scrotum.

16 minutes ago, MissGuided said:

And also, I know you said you’ve had lesions but can’t get in to the doctors in time before. I would also suggest if you are worried about time frame, that you order a kit or two online for home ice testing and that way the next time something pops up you can swab it yourself in time and find out what it is. That would also give you peace of mind I would think. 

I will probably do this.