• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Pharmacists making fun of my situation yes real

Hi all l,happy holidays 

(this might feel childish but I have to talk about it also am super sensitive about herpes in the first place)

Going to the pharmacy every 2 weeks to get my 6 month suppressing therapy I feel like shit actually it happened today and 2 months ago as am taking this to have more sex that what they think  I just can’t believe this I live in Paris you know sometimes it’s possible to find un profitinal people,I keep asking myself is it me i look like a dirty contagious person am tired of this, sorry H bros/sister am super sensitive it’s been 4 months now and still struggling nothing worked and still suffering from inflammatory  and a messed up looking penis and now this,it has turned my life up side down I lost so much weight because I didn’t eat like before less sleep sometimes I feel if i don’t think sucidal it’s not normal just feeling empty with no life am tired.

• Like 1

Might I suggest reporting these people to their superiors? Completely unprofessional and a fireable offense. 

Other than that, you are not unwanted, you are not gross. I know this is a hard thing to wrap your head around, everyone struggles when they first learn they have the virus. But remember, this virus is VERY common, and it is a very sneaky virus, you can get it from something as simple as someone with a cold sore that goes down on you. Most people don't even know they have it. This virus doesn't change who you are, it adds something to your personality. Telling future partners seems scary, but if you've read up on it, know your facts, and are confident when talking about it, odds are you won't have a problem. That doesn't mean you won't run into women who aren't comfortable with it, because odds are you will. And that is okay! It happens! If you want to talk more, feel free to message me and I'll tell you what helped me to gain my confidence back and get out there again. Best of luck! 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/12/2019 at 7:39 PM, kentucky85 said:

Hang in there...I’ve been hsv positive for 8 years, hpv for 5. It will get better and you are not a disgusting person. They shouldn’t act that way, unfortunately people are very cruel sometimes. 

HPV for 5? HPV doesn't stay in your system forever like HSV. It usually clears in 2 years. How are you getting tested?

• Thanks 1