• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

16 weeks post exposure to HSV2

My iGG results at 16 weeks post are still negative.  Is it finally safe to say I don't have HSV2? Or should I continue to keep testing?  My results have remained the same every two weeks since 4 weeks after the exposure.  When would you feel you could move on from this?  Every time I see any sort of red area down below, I wonder if my labs are all wrong... I have a rash on my hand, which I think is just eczema from over hand washing now, and that gets me stressed.  I am not who I once was, any more, regardless if I can conclude these results negative or not.  In a weird way, I can say minus the full on hypochondriac that I've become, which sucks, I have taken a break mostly from dating, minus kissing here and there, haven't had sex in over 4 months (which surprisingly is a good feeling) and have become more aware that I have oral hsv1 and now understand things like, don't stick my fingers in my mouth and poke at them because that's what those canker sores I get are, and they're not just from the foods I ate.  I tell every person I have started to consider dating, before we kiss, that I could have mouth sores at some point, and feel better about understanding this all. But at the end of the day, negative HSV2 results... can I move on after 16 weeks or should I still be worried? Can a red spot down below finally just be a red spot, or ingrown hair, and not cause concern for full on panic and a doctors visit?? 

I understand what you’re going through, I am similar to you in the sense that I keep thinking doctors and tests are wrong. I got tested at 4 weeks (negative) and it has been a nightmare to get a doctor to retest now at 12 weeks... but I’m going to be very persistent at my appointment this week. My advice to, which I hope to stick to as well after I retest this last time, is that if those bumps really aren’t affecting your day to day life i would drop it and accept what the doctors are saying. Especially since testing after 16 weeks is over 90% accurate. 

On 1/13/2019 at 3:17 PM, MissGuided said:

My iGG results at 16 weeks post are still negative.  Is it finally safe to say I don't have HSV2? Or should I continue to keep testing?  My results have remained the same every two weeks since 4 weeks after the exposure.  When would you feel you could move on from this?  Every time I see any sort of red area down below, I wonder if my labs are all wrong... I have a rash on my hand, which I think is just eczema from over hand washing now, and that gets me stressed.  I am not who I once was, any more, regardless if I can conclude these results negative or not.  In a weird way, I can say minus the full on hypochondriac that I've become, which sucks, I have taken a break mostly from dating, minus kissing here and there, haven't had sex in over 4 months (which surprisingly is a good feeling) and have become more aware that I have oral hsv1 and now understand things like, don't stick my fingers in my mouth and poke at them because that's what those canker sores I get are, and they're not just from the foods I ate.  I tell every person I have started to consider dating, before we kiss, that I could have mouth sores at some point, and feel better about understanding this all. But at the end of the day, negative HSV2 results... can I move on after 16 weeks or should I still be worried? Can a red spot down below finally just be a red spot, or ingrown hair, and not cause concern for full on panic and a doctors visit?? 

Sorry to break it to you, but you don't have herpes. 😥