• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

HSV in urethra?

Hello all, I need some help as my doctor and I are confused as to my condition. Or perhaps if anyone has a similar situation.

I will do an outline if it's easier...

12/5 unprotected sex

12/10 begin to have frequency to urinate

12/12 frequency continues and slight irritation at inside urethra tip, go to doc for blood and urine, doc thinks staph infection, gives me azithro

12/14 frequency to urinate goes away, but irritation persists, results all negative (HSV, HIV, gon, chlam, etc)

12/17 finish azithro, feeling a bit better, so i masturbated, then irritation inside tip came back

12/18 doc prescribed bactrim, suggested i use monistat around the head too in case of fungal infection

12/25 felt better, back to normal for 5 days, never any pain while peeing

12/30 i masturbated and a day later the irritation slowly came back

1/4 same constant irritation is back, and i see inside urethra there is a white spot looks like canker sore

2/12 irritation still there, go to doc, test again... bloodwork and urine all negative for same tests, gives me 10 day course of doxy... thinks it's recurring meatitis, dismisses the idea of herpes saying herpes inside would hurt to pee

2/17 - on day 5 of doxy, still feel the same

2/22 - done with doxy, still feel the same

did i test too soon for HSV? if it was HSV wouldn't the sore go away by now? it's been 6 weeks... i guess i'm just looking for advice, or if anyone else has had sores or ulcers inside the urethra and if there are other STDs that could cause it or where i go from here

i asked the girl to get tested but she said she has always been clean and basically we don't talk anymore after that

On 2/26/2019 at 6:02 AM, forgivenessandpeace said:

If blood tested negative on 2/12, over 2 months after potential infection, then I'm thinking you probably do not have HSV, right?

thanks for your response, i tested again 2/25 and yes that was negative too. i'm just not sure what else could be the cause for this canker sore looking thing inside my urethra penis tip opening, it's freaking me out and has been there now about 2 months non stop

On 3/1/2019 at 10:19 PM, that1youngguy said:

thanks for your response, i tested again 2/25 and yes that was negative too. i'm just not sure what else could be the cause for this canker sore looking thing inside my urethra penis tip opening, it's freaking me out and has been there now about 2 months non stop

What about Hpv? Did u get tested for that?

• 5 weeks later...
3 hours ago, sadguy2019 said:

Sounds like Mycoplasma Genitalium. causes a lot of symtptoms like mimic other STI'S, it can be ordered as a Urine PCR test. And no the antibiotics used to treat Gonorrhea or Chalym. wont work cause Myco has no cell wall... . Hope that helps.

I just had a urethra swab done which hurt like hell.  But so far the only results that have some back are negative for Ureaplasma and negative for Mycoplasma Hominis, is that the same thing or is Genitalium different?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...
On 4/30/2019 at 8:48 PM, Djwahe said:

Any update on this? I have similar symptoms, but instead of a white spot it’s red, no urination pain just irritation

Update please

I've had white blisters in my urethra, no tingling, burns and it doesn't hurt to pee. It cleared the same day I took acyclovir