• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Dry skin on hands, no sores?

Lately both me and my also HSV+ partner noticed a problem. No matter what kinda soap and lotion I use, the skin on my hands is really dry. No sores or anything. Just dry coarse skin. Like after you wash a lot of dishes by hand without a glove. Same for him. I wonder if it could be because of contact with the virus. We of course use our hands in foreplay. Or maybe it’s just the windy weather that came with spring? 

4 hours ago, unbreakable said:

Lately both me and my also HSV+ partner noticed a problem. No matter what kinda soap and lotion I use, the skin on my hands is really dry. No sores or anything. Just dry coarse skin. Like after you wash a lot of dishes by hand without a glove. Same for him. I wonder if it could be because of contact with the virus. We of course use our hands in foreplay. Or maybe it’s just the windy weather that came with spring? 

I have this same problem on my upper lip. I had the flu in September and soon after had a lot of burning and tingling, and then developed a bunch of tiny white bumps. To this day, only my upper lip stays continually chapped and cut. Nothing helps.

No positive test results, though.

I was diagnosed with ghsv1 in January but I was able to pinpoint about the time I contracted it which was late December. 

Before i I even knew I had contracted hsv I went in to the dermatologist because my whole body was itchy from head to toe. He said it’s excema. I never had excema in my life and I feel like this has to be related to contracting the hsv unless a mere coincidence. 

After i I was diagnosed with hsv I seen a different derm and he said it’s probably because I stressed myself out from my diagnosis but I explained this happened before I even knew. The first derm gave me a cream which did not help. Neither of them know what’s going on and this itching has not stopped. Has woken me up many times in the middle of the night. I have tiny fluid filled blisters on my hands and feet. I looked it up and seams to match a certain type of dermatitis but this is so frustrating that I contracted hsv and have this problem. 

I've been told similar things - stress, it's in my head, it's general irritation.

I have itching in the genitals and anus on a daily basis, but no cremes or diagnosis has helped.

I've started to get really painful acne on my face that all come on in a large mass and show up in the same specific areas. Popping them leads to weeks of healing, and then a small scar. I get acne on my back now that does not feel or heal like anything I've had prior to having unprotected oral and vaginal sex.

On 4/5/2019 at 10:38 PM, unbreakable said:

I am also noticing the same, both ny hands are looking so dry from today morning. Not sure what it is!