• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Psychedelic medicine and HSV

Hi all,

”a fried of mine” was very interested in psychedelics a few years ago in her early twenties. She never tried anything, though, except for Mary Jane plant infused edibles which can be pretty intense and similar to what shrooms are usually described as.

Anyway, she has read a lot about the benefits of two uses for these potent natural substances. First: microdosing, as in only consuming a very tiny amount that basically doesn’t mess with your perception but can fix neural pathways that have been blocked by stress. She was quite intrigued about these studies because she has suffered from some serious stress after getting HSV. Shame, abandonment, physical pain, etc. And the worst thing about stress is that it brings on more outbreaks and pain, so it would be nice to get rid of it a bit. The second is combining medicinal use with psychological therapy in a retreat. Ritually consuming Ayahuasca which first cleanses the body and may cause vomiting, then causes insightful dream-like hallucinations and then talking about them and their meanings with a counselor. 

Have any of you done anything like this? Do you think it can help with the emotional and/or physical trauma of having often recurring HSV? 

I think a traditionally used plant is not much worse than large doses of acyclovir for suppressive therapy... 

Interesting topic. I think it probably just depends on the person and how their body responds to the substance. I was a regular cannabis smoker for over 10 years and since recently experiencing symptoms of hsv (still undiagnosed) I’ve had to stop smoking because of a whole new anxiety that I’ve never had before. So I switched to CBD products like oil and hemp capsules for similar affects without the buzz.

7 hours ago, My_dog_is_hungry said:

Just because it's a plant doesn't mean it's better for you. Belladonna is a plant and that'll kill your a*s.

Lmao you’ve got a point but the two plants/plant mixes I mentioned were proven not to kill anybody’s a$$. 

The reason I was curious is because a microdose of shrooms is definitely not 400mg twice every day like the suppressive dose I know for acyclovir (actually one of my blood tests that I got done when I was gonna get birth control prescribed came back showing a slightly impaired liver function after 1.5 years of taking it without taking any other meds or substances). And because Ayahuasca is one dose, one time, you drink it and your immune system etc. is supposed to improve by fighting the stomach upsetting compounds of the brew and absorbing the ones that help the nerves, it probably would enable me to lay down the acyclovir for a while until my next OB. 

I usually respond well to plant stuff because it has all kinds of vitamines and a balanced list of ingredients, lol, I mean coffee is a better wakeup-aid too than energy drink which is basically soda with laboratory-made caffeine added... I took CBD oil for a while for anxiety and that helped a lot too. 

13 hours ago, Djwahe said:

Interesting topic. I think it probably just depends on the person and how their body responds to the substance. I was a regular cannabis smoker for over 10 years and since recently experiencing symptoms of hsv (still undiagnosed) I’ve had to stop smoking because of a whole new anxiety that I’ve never had before. So I switched to CBD products like oil and hemp capsules for similar affects without the buzz.

Do they help too? I used to smoke occasionally and I liked the mental clarity and physical pain relief it provided, I tried CBD when I was suffering from PTSD / anxiety so I can’t really know how much it helped but it did, I mean I certainly managed to avoid going insane, lol, but I never payed attention to the effects. I maybe want to start taking it again.