• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Please help someone: light bleeding way after herpes outbreak healed?

I was just diagnosed over a month ago and I have been clear for about 3 weeks when we tried to have sex I was in so much pain and I started bleeding lightly there were no sores or irritation anywhere why is this happening I me I want my life to be normal like it used to I'm in a serious relationship an we were very sexually active and intimate now we can't even touch each other and it's distroyong me please someone help or give me some advise why is this happening to me I just want my life back I was finally living happily for the 1st time since I found out it was still on my mind but I was able to enjoy life now I'm back where I started help please

This doesn't sound like a result of herpes directly. It might be something that was triggered by herpes, but as far as I know, that sort of bleeding isn't herpes related. Can you go see your doctor about this?

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources:

Sab:

I can feel your frustration and pain (emotional and physical) ... (((HUGS))) . Just trust that this is a speed bump that you WILL get through, even though right now it feels like it will NEVER get better.... ( I hear that all the time in my Massage office when people have thrown their backs out ... they are certain that they will never, EVER live without pain again... it's a normal process.... :) )

First... I would get to a doctor since you are having pain and bleeding. We can't diagnose here and bleeding is something that needs to be checked on. Just to be sure something else isn't going on.

If you are given the all clear, I would say to drop back your expectations around sex just for awhile. Find other ways to pleasure each other and use this time to get to know each other in different, deeper ways physically. It sounds like you may be so uptight (literally and figuratively) around the expectation of pain that you may well be tightening up (there is a medical term for it that I can't remember at the moment) which could cause the issues you are having. And use LOTS of lube until things get back to normal. If the issue continues after you get the all clear and you've tried the slow route, you may need counseling... something else may be causing you to involuntarily tighten up (which could cause the pain and bleeding) that needs to be addressed .... I'm just throwing that out there because most people won't think of that as a possibility.

But first, get re-checked and see if you are having an internal outbreak that you can't see.... and try to Breathe and believe that this WILL get resolved. When we are in the midst of things, they often appear MUCH worse and we can't imagine things will EVER get better. But they usually do. Try to believe that now....

Keep us posted.... (((HUGS)))

@beautifullychaotic same here only during sex it felt like something tore as if I was loosing my virginity but more painful sorry for bring so graphic I'm just confused as for going to the dr I just lost my insurance and can't afford a visit right now I'm guessing maybe I seemed healed to the naked eye but really wasn't this is all so stressful I wish I could wake up and it was all a dream

It's possible that you were in the process of healing and reopened a lesion in the skin when having sex but don't take my word for it. My bf and I have had sex 3 times after my outbreak and this bleeding keeps happening so I'm gonna lay off the sex til I know whats going on. It is very stressful definitely wish I could go back to the days where I didn't have to think about this but I'm trying to get through it always helps to talk to someone if you ever need to talk I'm here

Sab and BC -

(((HUGS))) to you both. I hear and feel your frustration....but I promise you it WILL get better. For you both, I again suggest you go back to the Dr. Just in case. If you are opening up a blister then you may still be shedding....ie, you may pass it on to your partner. So it's best to find out what is really going on.

Use this time to find other ways to be intimate... which is not a bad thing in the long run! If you are on antivirals then the Dr may up your dose...if you, perhaps you need to go on them.

And keep reading the Success Stories. Know that we have all been there and we are here to help you through your Herpes Journey ....

Peace...

I'm please to announce that last night I was finally able to do the deed !!!! There was a little discomfort but nothing bad and it was amazing to feel like I'm back however there was still light bleeding I'm so confused by that but happy that it was a success I hope the next time is even better fingers crossed