• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Poem: "Love"

Love. Like a luminescent star, you shine. In the light of a grinding day, I never see you. Only when the world has quietly blackened do I stare up as my restless self. Looking for the dawn of a new tomorrow. I gaze to dream. I imagine the intensity of your bits of electricity. I see you in the distance. I wish you closer. I sleep in silent hope.

Beautiful.

I'm sure Love is blushing right now.

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources:

Funny - I write poetry when I am at my bottom....

This is what I wrote when I was dealing with someone who decided to "walk after the talk" a few weeks ago when I was at a dance event that was on the beach.... sadly he kept walking after I "came out" and won't talk to me at all now... and THAT makes me really sad :*(

Beachside

Cloudy

With a chance of rain

Like my brain

But I know that

Beyond the clouds

The sun waits

To come out again

(((HUGS)))

Yup. It's like I can see the scene. ;)

And... Oh my gosh! I am sorry you experienced that horribleness. I am sorry for him too! Imagine being that thoughtless and unsympathetic! He obviously wouldn't be able to connect with you emotionally anyhow. I don't understand how shut off from the world others can be sometimes. Geez!

I don't often write poetry so last night was sorta odd. Go with the flow anyhow, right ;)

I'm actually fine believe it or not. And, your'e correct. Now, I'm open. We're open. How exciting is that ;)

I have to say it's exciting and terrifying at the same time.

Dating is hard enough as it is ... I'm in my 50's and lets just say the prospects are thin out here ... after the non-negotiables (no smokers, noone with kids at home cause mine are grown and I'm done with pubescent kids!, prefer spiritually aware souls, etc) there are not a lot of guys left to pick from...especially around here!!! LOL

Then you have the normal "insecurities of a new relationship (you text them and they don't reply, or they suddenly have a real busy week, etc and all the stories we make up about that....) Add to that "the talk" and I'm just getting a bit worn down. That's why I "came out". I couldn't deal with the crap around the talk any more. So love me with it or keep walking and at least I don't have to go through THAT part any more... but the rest is still all there :p

Glad you are in a good place though - better to realize the incompatibility early on than to overlook it and have to deal with the fallout later.... ;)

Man o' man can I appreciate all of what you're saying. I am definitely feeling worn down for a whole host of reasons. Whatever you do though.. never be jaded. Keep the faith. Keep hope. I promise you. There are better things, times and people. You can only look ahead to see them. xx